What are your expectations for the new manager?

Simply to unleash the players and let them play to their strengths. Then figure out how to make them gel as a team.

With this achieved, we will win all but a few of our games.

bloodyboutsa said:
SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
Where we should have been for the last two seasons - 20 points better than Rags and continuing to stay ahead of Chelsea. Quarter finals of CL and decent cup runs in both domestic cup competitions. Progress with elite and youth squads. Ability to break down a parked bus with a bit of width and a general anticipation of winning both derby matches. Top available players choosing to come to us. In other words achievement in line with the best squad of players in the country and what would have been achieved had we been managed by red nose for the last two years! Sadly this is why we have had to take the next step - but no excuse for the way it has been handled - so management of PR is a top priority.

Agree 100% with what you said. PR was rubbish just so ashamed and feel gutted even more for Roberto.
Looking again this morning 20 points is a little extreme!!! but I can't be the only one who questions how close they got to us last year and how they won it by so many points this year. This must be the product we needed to change given our resources. I can stand by all the other expectations while adding - a penalty awarded to us in a derby match. A simple indication of a balancing of the fear/respect/grovelling influence that has existed for years!

Thanks Bobby and Good Luck also illustrates a need for further developing our integrity and dignity.

If he improves the talented squad we've got then we should be competing for the league and be close in the cups.

It's a bit naïve to say Mancini was sacked because he didn't win trophies this season, I would say it was more because the squad has gone backwards.

As has been said Mancini wants to spend money each season (100 million ish) and that just isn't sustainable. Mourinho also operates in a similar way to Mancini, which is why he is not the answer.

It appears as though the new Spanish lads have used this season to assess where we are at, and have decided that both the way the football is played, and the way the youth players are developing isn't good enough. To be honest I agree with them. I just hope that the steps they take now will prove to be correct and we become a better club, and a more successful one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.