What are your unpopular opinions on City that you believe 100%?

Guardiola is disliked by a sizeable section of City's older support, they just don't have the balls to say it out loud unless pissed up or in the immediate aftermath of a defeat.

I’ve noticed this trend amongst some older members of our fanbase too, and I don’t really understand why they have such a dislike for him.

Why do you think they can’t get behind him?

My sense is it’s something to do with him not ‘getting us’ like Mancini did - which seems to boil down to his being complimentary about the Rags and their history in his press conferences rather than slagging them off all the time, and not prioritising the derbies as necessarily being any more important than any other game during the season.

A hang up from when the derby was the only game that mattered, which is their sweet spot as fans.

The reality is Pep isn’t a populist tub thumper, and this cerebral sense of distance from the blood and thunder of football rivalry doesn’t fit their idea of what a ‘proper’ City manager ought to look and sound like.

We will lose to chelsea on that final ucl last season no matter who we put on lineup against them.

Don’t hugely disagree with this however, I think if we’d gone 3 at the back we would have neutralised Chelsea’s wing backs and stop their overloads.

Don’t hugely disagree with this however, I think if we’d gone 3 at the back we would have neutralised Chelsea’s wing backs and stop their overloads.

Playing 3 atb is much as risk as playing with no proper dm, because we didn't have enough experience playing with that formation.

The stick we get for our home atmosphere and empty seats is warranted.

Having the young dickheads and ballooners who can’t handle their beer as a more obvious part of our travelling support has added a huge amount in making our away fans among the best in the league. And I wish we had a similar percentage in our home support across the stadium.

Concourse singing is a compete fucking waste of time and energy, and needs fucking off.

The City board don’t understand or care about our fanbase. They’d be happy to have all the core supporters fall away from our match-going support if it meant they could charge more money.

Yaya Touré is the best payer we’ve ever had and the best midfielder in Premier League history, and isn’t given the praise he deserves by the City fanbase (especially on Bluemoon) or the wider football world. I don’t think he’s taken as seriously as European or South American players - not because of racism (because black and mixed race South Americans are taken more seriously) - but because African football is generally not as good as European or South American football and is simply not taken as seriously. I think if he was called Yaya Tourinho he’d be given more adulation and praise by City fans (especially on Bluemoon) and the wider football world.

I’ve never fully taken to the CoMS/Etihad and don’t think I ever will.

The facade of the Etihad with posters like these below are very tacky and make the stadium look shit
View attachment 36568

Kinkladze definitely wouldn’t get in our team now. Despite him arguably being more skilful than many (/all?) of our current players and has some incredible highlights footage, he wasn’t actually that good a football player overall, and his career reflects that.

The stick Raheem Sterling got from the media was not race driven and was simply because he left media-darlings Liverpool for City.

John Stones is a miles better player than our fanbase gives him credit for. If he was called Juan Stonés, I think he’d be given more adulation from our fanbase. And if he played for United/Liverpool he’d be loved by the media and would arguably be England captain or at least in the group of captains. He was one of the main reasons England did so well at the Euros and why City won the league and got to the CL final last season and was every bit as good as Dias for us last season.
Just little things like his performance at right back against Brentford last week has only got a little bit of a rumble from our fans, but considering he’s a centre half, his performance in that game was fucking incredible! If van Dijk ever played right back and put in that performance the football world would be nominating him for the Balon D’Or!

John stones is the best cb has england ever produced and he will never get the credit he fully deserves because he is playing for Manchester City.

Playing 3 atb is much as risk as playing with no proper dm, because we didn't have enough experience playing with that formation.

Never stopped Pep before. The issue in the final was Chelsea’s wing backs getting one on one with our fullbacks, a quick switch had them 4 on 3, happened all first half. Second half they backed their defence.

Never stopped Pep before. The issue in the final was Chelsea’s wing backs getting one on one with our fullbacks, a quick switch had them 4 on 3, happened all first half. Second half they backed their defence.

He could but i don't think our CB option back then will comfortable playing 3 atb, with lack experience and not familiarity with that formation system. Atleast playing gundo as dm is more sense because he play enough time in that position.

I do think Pep need to be more versatile in his formation choice, because most of time his stick to 4-3-3.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.