What are your unpopular opinions on City that you believe 100%?

The City board take Pep for granted and use him as an excuse to walk away from prime targets without getting near valuation too often. If this continues post Pep we will really start to suffer without a genius to bail us out.

city's attacking players are struggling to varying degrees this season, the lack of a striker is taking a toll.

90% of the media thread is an embarrassment, it's content often rambling paranoia. Some of our fans are acutely sensitive and need to stop getting hung up on agendas that aren't there.
I very rarely go on that thread. It’s full of embarrassing nonsense. I can only imagine what sort of petty arguments the regulars in that thread must have with their other halves at home. It must be constant falling out over nothing, reading too much into things or misconstruing what is meant.

Just shows how some people aren’t very well developed socially that they see their arse over such insignificant stuff so often.

There are people in that thread who take offence at things that are actually positive towards City.

Bluemoon isn't the best song.
I had a few years working away in the late eighties, early nineties. The song wasn’t there when I went but was in full flow when I got back. I never have found out why or what started it. As it’s unpopular opinion day, I think the song is shite and believe we really need to find something better.

The stick we get for our home atmosphere and empty seats is warranted.

Having the young dickheads and ballooners who can’t handle their beer as a more obvious part of our travelling support has added a huge amount in making our away fans among the best in the league. And I wish we had a similar percentage in our home support across the stadium.

Concourse singing is a compete fucking waste of time and energy, and needs fucking off.

The City board don’t understand or care about our fanbase. They’d be happy to have all the core supporters fall away from our match-going support if it meant they could charge more money.

Yaya Touré is the best payer we’ve ever had and the best midfielder in Premier League history, and isn’t given the praise he deserves by the City fanbase (especially on Bluemoon) or the wider football world. I don’t think he’s taken as seriously as European or South American players - not because of racism (because black and mixed race South Americans are taken more seriously) - but because African football is generally not as good as European or South American football and is simply not taken as seriously. I think if he was called Yaya Tourinho he’d be given more adulation and praise by City fans (especially on Bluemoon) and the wider football world.

I’ve never fully taken to the CoMS/Etihad and don’t think I ever will.

The facade of the Etihad with posters like these below are very tacky and make the stadium look shit
View attachment 36568

Kinkladze definitely wouldn’t get in our team now. Despite him arguably being more skilful than many (/all?) of our current players and has some incredible highlights footage, he wasn’t actually that good a football player overall, and his career reflects that.

The stick Raheem Sterling got from the media was not race driven and was simply because he left media-darlings Liverpool for City.

John Stones is a miles better player than our fanbase gives him credit for. If he was called Juan Stonés, I think he’d be given more adulation from our fanbase. And if he played for United/Liverpool he’d be loved by the media and would arguably be England captain or at least in the group of captains. He was one of the main reasons England did so well at the Euros and why City won the league and got to the CL final last season and was every bit as good as Dias for us last season.
Just little things like his performance at right back against Brentford last week has only got a little bit of a rumble from our fans, but considering he’s a centre half, his performance in that game was fucking incredible! If van Dijk ever played right back and put in that performance the football world would be nominating him for the Balon D’Or!
You are Yaya Toures baker and I claim my £5

All-seater stadiums.
Stewards telling fans not to stand.
You always have the option of watching the game on TV on your sofa.

How on earth are your needs ignored???
Dead easy solution - make (say) the middle tier all seated - stand and ejected full stop. Anywhere else standing may happen either fully or from time to time.

Other fans would bloody love this thread! Still, quite cathartic, so here I go:

We do have empty seats even when we're sold out. I don't know how that happens, but other clubs seem to have found an answer to it, so why can't we?

Blue Moon being a funerial dirge, especially given that we only sing the one bit of it over again until it peters out, doesn't seem to be that unpopular an opinion, but I'll state it again.

Away fans always have loads of songs. Somehow at the Etihad we sing the same ones again and again. Another club quite close to Manchester seems to do a lot better in this regard.

Alex Ferguson was the greatest manager in football history.

People deliberately/accidentally misspelling UEFA and EUFA tells me a lot about where it's coming from.

If we don't win, I do give a fuck, regardless of whether or not I'm all pissed up.

Singing songs about United when we're not playing them makes us look small/bitter. On a similar vein, it always made me sad that of the three most popular songs about Aguero, two of them were basically taking the piss out of United and the other was just singing his first name a lot. He deserved a lot more.

I'd rather win the Champions League than another 3 Premier Leagues.

People deliberately/accidentally misspelling UEFA and EUFA tells me a lot about where it's coming from.
=====
That’s how it was written initially when translated into English. EUFA, European Union of Football Associations.
Cover your eyes, apologies. First one on Google

Attachments

• CDBB719E-9C76-494B-B054-EDC2D257C0F9.jpeg
    CDBB719E-9C76-494B-B054-EDC2D257C0F9.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
In terms of getting the crowd going, creating a heated atmosphere, and looking fearsome when going forward ... the best colour for a football shirt is red, and the worst is pale blue.

Can't believe I've said that but I do believe it's true.

I had a few years working away in the late eighties, early nineties. The song wasn’t there when I went but was in full flow when I got back. I never have found out why or what started it. As it’s unpopular opinion day, I think the song is shite and believe we really need to find something better.
There are lots of top musicians who are City fans. Even without their help though, finding the right tune is half the battle. Once thats decided its then just a case of wrapping the lyrics around it. The no limits yaya/kolo is great but a bit limited. A similar up tempo tune would be good though. Blue moan is too slow. Apologies if this is on another thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.