What book are you reading now / or recommend?

I've been enjoying the Castor books immensely, but Blue Moon Rising is a great read. I'm currently on the 5th Castor, when I've finished this I'm going right back to the start of the Sharpe series.
Have you read any Tom Sharpe? First one I read of his was in a hospital day room about 30 years ago. It was called The Throwback and I picked it up because there was nothing else to do. I spent the rest of the day laughing out loud. Wilt and Riotous Assembly are also side splittingly funny.
Ever read Orson Scott Card's books? Have just started Ender's game yesterday, seems good so far.

Robert Harris wrote a trilogy of books, Imperium, Lustrum and Dictator which are novels about the Roman politician Cicero. That might sound dull, but they're a fascinating read, especially if you're in to history and politics.

Robert Harris wrote a trilogy of books, Imperium, Lustrum and Dictator which are novels about the Roman politician Cicero. That might sound dull, but they're a fascinating read, especially if you're in to history and politics.
Sounds interesting, are they fairly factual or a work of fiction? Always thought Cicero's story was interesting, the Roman equivalent of William Galen.

I've been enjoying the Castor books immensely, but Blue Moon Rising is a great read. I'm currently on the 5th Castor, when I've finished this I'm going right back to the start of the Sharpe series.
Have you read any Tom Sharpe? First one I read of his was in a hospital day room about 30 years ago. It was called The Throwback and I picked it up because there was nothing else to do. I spent the rest of the day laughing out loud. Wilt and Riotous Assembly are also side splittingly funny.
Haha. Indeed. I read many Tom Sharpe books years ago. I think it was Riotous Assembly that had me laughing out loud. I might get a few on the old Kindle.

Ever read Orson Scott Card's books? Have just started Ender's game yesterday, seems good so far.

I enjoyed the film and was a bit miffed when I found out it was also a book. I hate seeing a film before reading the book. I haven't read any of his stuff, but I will add it to the list.
Haha. Indeed. I read many Tom Sharpe books years ago. I think it was Riotous Assembly that had me laughing out loud. I might get a few on the old Kindle.

I need to get them for the kindle too. I want to read Wilt again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.