What book are you reading now / or recommend?

Yeah, I've read that. It's very good, isn't it.
I like any book about politics to be honest; have you read "What happened to Britain in the Seventies" (,or something like that). Can't remember the author but he's done a couple along similar lines.
If you haven't then I highly recommend.
And the new Jeremy Thorpe one is a fantastic read. It's the book the recent TV thing was based on (which I missed)

Just tried Google- is that the book by Andy Beckett ?

The Jeremy Thorpe scandal had everything; rape, blackmail , attempted murder, a disgraced MP and a Dog accidentally shot. If it was fictional you’d say it was a bit corny. Will give this version a try

Just tried Google- is that the book by Andy Beckett ?

The Jeremy Thorpe scandal had everything; rape, blackmail , attempted murder, a disgraced MP and a Dog accidentally shot. If it was fictional you’d say it was a bit corny. Will give this version a try
Yeah, Andy Beckett. Reading his books made me feel like I was there. He really does his homework too: very well researched and has the odd recent interview remarks from long forgotten big players of those times.
And hope you enjoy the John Preston version, although some of the WTF moments may not be as breathtaking if you've read similar recently ;-)

Just finished Altered Carbon (Richard Morgan). Decent page turner (bit like a sci-fi version of Lee Child's Reacher). On netflix as a series now I believe.

Anyone able to suggest a good book that forecasts some of the things that might be happening in the future? I mean like the book 1984 but not a novel, based on real governments and big businesses

The Fix by Robert White, Audible version. Ex-SAS hero based in Manchester, now lucratively employed as a gangland enforcer. The book is made more interesting to me by the setting. Worth a read / listen for fans of Andy McNab, Chris Ryan and the like.

Just finished Justin Cronin's "The Passage" (recommended on here). Good read, reminiscent of some of Stephen King's better efforts.

Then you have the next two in the trilogy to look forward to, excellent books both and all 3 on audiobook are brilliant

Thanks mate - back in me H is for Hawk book now and then it's off to download The Twelve!

So many books, so little time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.