What book are you reading now / or recommend?

Tom cruise as reacher doesn’t cut it either. Crap casting.
I eventually watched the film a few weeks back and it was a cruise production company and all was suddenly explained lol.

after reading the reacher series I moved onto the will robbie series by baldachi and its killed some evenings at least.

Just finished a little light reading 'The Holocaust: A new History' by Laurence Rees. It develops the belief now generally accepted by historians of the subject that it wasn't a long-term premeditated strategy to carry out mass murder of the Jews (and others including Roma/Sinti) but came about largely via individual initiatives that were driven by events.

I've been meaning to read the rankin books for years this has refreshed my ageing memory maybe I'll actually do so now.

Carl Sagan

The Demon Haunted World.

I misread it and thought it was a comedy called The Denim Haunted World.

Still, fabulous book though.

The Spy and the Traitor by Ben MacIntyre.

The true story of Oleg Gordievski, high ranking KGB officer recruited to work for British Intelligence in the 1970s, who worked under cover until he was betrayed ten years later.

Brilliantly researched by the author, with plenty of political insight and historical context. Gordievski's exposure whilst in Moscow, and his interrogation and escape are breathtakingly tense. I would be surprised if the film rights for this weren't quickly snapped up.

Another excellent work by MacIntyre. I highly recommend this to fans of spy thrillers, espionage, John Le Carre, Cold War etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.