What book are you reading now / or recommend?

Just finished “The End” by Ian Kershaw.

It is a historical book on the downfall of Germany from the date of the assassination attempt on Hitler’s life in July 44 to the end of the War.

It is very detailed, quite hard going at times but so informative. It’s quite staggering how Germany continued on their path of total war until the end. So many people died in that last year it’s incredible to even comprehend. The fear of Hitler and belief that they had in him was staggering.

So many lives lost, so much pain and suffering. 21 million Russians died in WW2. So many innocent people died for nothing. The numbers are shocking.

Also interesting to then google those mentioned to see what happened to them. Many met their fate at Nuremberg but many survived until an old age.

Worth a read for anyone interested in History and WW2

Sideshow by William Shawcross. Tells the story of how Kissinger and Nixon’s secret campaign in Cambodia gave rise to the Khmer Rouge.

Just finished “The End” by Ian Kershaw.

It is a historical book on the downfall of Germany from the date of the assassination attempt on Hitler’s life in July 44 to the end of the War.

It is very detailed, quite hard going at times but so informative. It’s quite staggering how Germany continued on their path of total war until the end. So many people died in that last year it’s incredible to even comprehend. The fear of Hitler and belief that they had in him was staggering.

So many lives lost, so much pain and suffering. 21 million Russians died in WW2. So many innocent people died for nothing. The numbers are shocking.

Also interesting to then google those mentioned to see what happened to them. Many met their fate at Nuremberg but many survived until an old age.

Worth a read for anyone interested in History and WW2
I recently saw a Doco called After Hitler, staggering how many people were killed after the war ended, Red Army did a lot of killing and raping, 20 million displaced people all over Europe, many starved to death as there was little food in a lot of countries, very interesting Doco and something Ive never thought about before.

On a lighter note Im reading Ozzy Osborne autobiography, which is very entertaining.

Ashes of Sobibor , an autobiography by Thomas Blatt who as a teenager escaped and survived a Nazi concentration camp and his life on the run. The best book I have ever read. Everyone who has read it have all said they couldn't put it down until they had finished the book.

I used to read a lot of books and had a few hundred on an old Kindle, which I lost having left it on a plane.

However, the Mrs had got the nipper an iPad, so I inherited his kindle which was a Fire version, with WiFi / internet.

Now, whenever I want to read, I just come on here and post shit! ;-)

Oh, the last book I was reading?

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
Mark Twain

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.