What book have you just read?

johnny on the spot said:
Great shouts for Bukowski and Fante.
Aha, another Fante fan. I think that's three of us now, I think I turned citykev28 onto him a while back and he is a true believer. Some of the funniest books ever written, I'm amazed he is not better known.
Bukowski is just the boss, thoughIm not so keen on the stuff after he becomes famous. His lowlife stuff is peerless though, Ham On Rye, Factotum, Post Office and the short story collections are outrageously funny, graphically violent, lewd, sad and wise. And rough as a badger's arse.

i`m not into cycling but love the tour de france

just read David Millars book "racing through the dark"

absolute belter, really well written for a autobio, pulls no punches and tells it like it is,

i would highly reccomend it for anyone who follows the tour or likes their bikes

read paul lake and andy morrisons books over xmas and they were both crackers too, both brought a tear to my eye

LongsightM13 said:
johnny on the spot said:
Great shouts for Bukowski and Fante.
Aha, another Fante fan. I think that's three of us now, I think I turned citykev28 onto him a while back and he is a true believer. Some of the funniest books ever written, I'm amazed he is not better known.
Bukowski is just the boss, thoughIm not so keen on the stuff after he becomes famous. His lowlife stuff is peerless though, Ham On Rye, Factotum, Post Office and the short story collections are outrageously funny, graphically violent, lewd, sad and wise. And rough as a badger's arse.

The three you mention are classics. As much as I love the pathos got up by Kerouac and Neal Cassady's optimism and love for life, Bukowski is a **** in a world of shit.

Put it this way, you're far more likely in life to ask 'What would Hank Chinaski do?' than 'What would Kerouac do?'.

i got andy morrisons book for my birthday a few days ago and have read it in double quick time,i couldn`t put it down to be honest and it was a fantastic read,what a life and what a legend the big man is...

is he still at airbus uk as andy preeces right hand man?

i might go and watch a match there and take my book down to see if he`ll sign it..

never forgotten big man!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.