What City player was most over rated by our own fans

Chippy_boy said:
ayeGibson said:
Superman
Brannan
Mcmanaman
Barton (and a c$*# too, ill never forget the cigar)
Robinho

:p

Mcmanaman was NOT overrated. Everyone thought he was utter shite, which of course, he was.

I will nominate one Paul Dickov. Useless player, apart from that goal obviously.

If you think that about Paul Dickov then you've obviously been watching football for about 5 minutes. Useless?!?! You are clueless that's for sure.

Billy Spurdle said:
Chippy_boy said:
ayeGibson said:
Superman
Brannan
Mcmanaman
Barton (and a c$*# too, ill never forget the cigar)
Robinho

:p

Mcmanaman was NOT overrated. Everyone thought he was utter shite, which of course, he was.

I will nominate one Paul Dickov. Useless player, apart from that goal obviously.

If you think that about Paul Dickov then you've obviously been watching football for about 5 minutes. Useless?!?! You are clueless that's for sure.

I agree, Dickov may not have been graced with super talent, but he made up for and more was in commitment, drive, passion and never giving up. I'd rather have 11 players of that calibre than a team of prima donna's that turn up when they want to.

I've seen the names of Kinkladze, Lake, Barnes, Kompany, Dunne, Balotelli, Zaba and I'm fucking staggered at how many of our fans are either clueless or utter knobs. I really worry about the sort of supporters we seem to be attracting. It's very, very depressing.

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
Billy Spurdle said:
Chippy_boy said:

I agree, Dickov may not have been graced with super talent, but he made up for and more was in commitment, drive, passion and never giving up. I'd rather have 11 players of that calibre than a team of prima donna's that turn up when they want to.

Ah yes, the old if you think Dickov is 'useless' you are a glory fan or you are clueless....

I have watched Dickov many many times, home, away and on the TV.

I have played football to a good standard, did so for 15 years, and I am happy to state thatbDickov was indeed 'useless'.

Not only do his career statistics prove this, his illustrious journey man career leave little left to be argued.

He was piss poor, granted he tried hard, every footballer puts in all they can, they just do it in different ways!

My everlasting memory of Dickov will be him aimlessly charging down the keeper, with the keeper having already launched the ball 70 yards up field. Oh and George Boateng throwing his boot on the roof!

Anyone who thinks Dickov was anything other than 1 goal & charging around is clearly hard of learning or sight or reality.

He was a £1,000.000 waste of time. His stats, his career his footballing achievements are testimony to this!

schfc6 said:
He was a £1,000.000 waste of time.
DickovGills.ashx

Marvin said:
Gio Kinkladze - no contest
He was joy to watch Kinkladze. We doubled are money on this player. And but for him we might not be where we are now. One of the only good things Francis Lee did as Chairmen buy him.

schfc6 said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
Billy Spurdle said:

Ah yes, the old if you think Dickov is 'useless' you are a glory fan or you are clueless....

I have played football to a good standard, did so for 15 years, and I am happy to state thatbDickov was indeed 'useless'.

Not only do his career statistics prove this, his illustrious journey man career leave little left to be argued.

He was piss poor, granted he tried hard, every footballer puts in all they can, they just do it in different ways!

My everlasting memory of Dickov will be him aimlessly charging down the keeper, with the keeper having already launched the ball 70 yards up field. Oh and George Boateng throwing his boot on the roof!

Anyone who thinks Dickov was anything other than 1 goal & charging around is clearly hard of learning or sight or reality.

He was a £1,000.000 waste of time. His stats, his career his footballing achievements are testimony to this!
Absolute bollocks. Your entire post is complete bollocks.

MCFC BOB said:
schfc6 said:
He was a £1,000.000 waste of time.
DickovGills.ashx

I guess you don't understand football. A £1,000.000 player in 1996 playing in the old third division should have been scoring 35 goals a season not every 170 games.

If he'd done his fucking job, rather than chasing down keepers we'd have won that pub league...

Glad to see you only know of he highlights, I'm guessing you weren't in places like Bournemouth, Colchester watching this clown run around, waste engery and time then piss away 6 good chances a match.

I notice you highlight the play off final, care to explain away the chances he missed in the game? His awful penalty that could have cost us?

Face it, he was toss, we'd all agree if he hadn't scored that goal!!<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:58 pm --<br /><br />
davymcfc said:
schfc6 said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:

Absolute bollocks. Your entire post is complete bollocks.

Intelligent response... Thanks for that. I have put forward his statistics for his entire career, hell I even highlighted his entire career.

I mean, yes what bollocks, who can argue with a career like this?

1990–1996 Arsenal 22 (4)
1993 → Luton Town (loan) 15 (1)
1994 → Brighton & Hove Albion (loan) 8 (5)
1996–2002 Manchester City 158 (35)
2002–2004 Leicester City 89 (32)
2004–2006 Blackburn Rovers 50 (14)
2006–2008 Manchester City 16 (0)
2007 → Crystal Palace (loan) 9 (0)
2008 → Blackpool (loan) 11 (6)
2008–2010 Leicester City 21 (2)
2009 → Derby County (loan) 16 (2)
2010 Leeds United 4 (0)
2010–2011 Oldham Athletic 2 (0)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.