What colour is Manchester City blue?

Dubai Blue said:
Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
Apart from the 'laser blue' garbage, and the less said about the badge the better, City play in sky blue. We are the only team that play in 'sky blue' and if I'm being honest, this has riled me as I can't think of any question more stupid than 'what colour do we play in'.

Sky Blue. We play in sky blue. It's sky blue.

Sky blue.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but our official colour was originally 'light blue' not 'sky blue'. And he was actually asking for the exact 'coordinates' of the colour so he could recreate it in Photoshop, not whether we play in blue, yellow, green or purple.

Correct DB... the official colours are 'light blue'. Check the club's history

i see skies of blue said:
Ok, at first glance this looks a very stupid question, sky blue of course! But when you actually think about it - What colour actually is Manchester City blue? In the behind the scenes video from the OS on the making of the kits, one of the things the guy said was that they spent a long time on deciding the colour for the home shirt, and that when they eventually showed it to people they automaticaly said "that's Manchester City blue!". So my question is, if you were to go into a printers, or a paint mixers, or into photoshop and started playing with the infinate combinations of reds, yellows, blues blacks and whites in the settings, what actually is Manchester City blue?
fuckin hell,we will start to lose members with questions like that!!!

levets said:
Dubai Blue said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but our official colour was originally 'light blue' not 'sky blue'. And he was actually asking for the exact 'coordinates' of the colour so he could recreate it in Photoshop, not whether we play in blue, yellow, green or purple.

It was actually Cambridge Blue officially: see Gary James's posting on this site here (http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=142687&p=2492995&hilit=cambridge#p2492995) and the historical football kits site here (http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manchester_City/Manchester_City.htm).

People may colloquially have referred to 'light blue', and the colour comes from the blue worn by the Cambridge University sports teams who were known as the 'light blues'. But Cambridge Blue was the official designation when we first adopted this colour.

Unimportant and pedantic, I know, but that's the kind of poster I am!

charliebigspuds said:
ok then ,you did ask. I'm a printer and i would say that city blue is Pantone 306u!! Bet your glad you asked now?
if you were a good printer,you would no that surley

Dyed Petya said:
levets said:

It was actually Cambridge Blue officially: see Gary James's posting on this site here (http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=142687&p=2492995&hilit=cambridge#p2492995) and the historical football kits site here (http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manchester_City/Manchester_City.htm).

People may colloquially have referred to 'light blue', and the colour comes from the blue worn by the Cambridge University sports teams who were known as the 'light blues'. But Cambridge Blue was the official designation when we first adopted this colour.

Unimportant and pedantic, I know, but that's the kind of poster I am!

but I'm looking at what was on old programmes..
Lt Blue Jersey
White Shorts
Lt Blue stockings (oh err)

After the Second World War, City's colours were described as "light blue" and, towards the end of the decade, "sky blue." There is no evidence to suggest that the shade of their shirts changed, however, merely that these terms were thought to be more modern.

Club profile HonoursBarclays Premier League : 2 (1937, 1968); FA Cup : 4 (1904, 1934, 1956, 1969); The Coca-Cola Football League Championship : 7 (1899, 1903, 1910, 1928, 1947, 1966, 2002)
Founded1887

StadiumThe City of Manchester Stadium (47726)
Chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak

Coach Mark Hughes

Colours Home: Light blue shirts, white shorts, blue socks. Away: Red and black shirts, black shorts, red socks.

i see skies of blue said:
Ok, at first glance this looks a very stupid question, sky blue of course! But when you actually think about it - What colour actually is Manchester City blue? In the behind the scenes video from the OS on the making of the kits, one of the things the guy said was that they spent a long time on deciding the colour for the home shirt, and that when they eventually showed it to people they automaticaly said "that's Manchester City blue!". So my question is, if you were to go into a printers, or a paint mixers, or into photoshop and started playing with the infinate combinations of reds, yellows, blues blacks and whites in the settings, what actually is Manchester City blue?

Its Manchester City blue no other way to describe it - like French Blue no other way to describe it

That is all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.