What colour is Manchester City blue?

hanestshirt-plainskyblue_1_109190_sky-blue_l.jpg

sablue said:
charliebigspuds said:
ok then ,you did ask. I'm a printer and i would say that city blue is Pantone 306u!! Bet your glad you asked now?
if you were a good printer,you would no that surley

Nay - i beg to differ sablue, you cant beat a good debate on Pantone references on a Thursday afternoon, it gets yer juices flowing for the weekend :-) !!

For me, the true 'City blue' is the deeper sky blue seen throughout the 70s. As much as I love the new shirt, it still doesn't get close to that colour tbh; whether it's similar to the sky blue of the 60s is for other, older blues to say I guess.

It seems that no matter who produces our kits, the shade of blue opted for is either too light; an insipid, wishy-washy blue; or too dark; the 'lazer blue'.

Wheelsy said:
i see skies of blue said:
lol! Sorry mate, I know it's late but I'm curious! Was playing in photoshop trying to do something earlier and was struggling to get it right, and now i've done it it STILL doesn't look right. Was just wondering if there were any webdesigners/photoshoppers out there who'd actually had a play around and figured out what colour the new home shirt actually is, the "holy grail" so to speak!
This I do know, I asked Umbro when doing the Sheikh Mansour banner. The Pantone is SKY BLUE PANTONE: 284 C:55% M:19% Y:0% K:0%.

That's spoilt the day for me, Wheelsy, knowing that my beloved sky blue has been tainted with 19% magenta.

Download a program called Eyedropper. It picks out the RGB of any colour.

Go on the City website, to the shop, get a pic of the shirt, then use Eyedropper to get the RGB values.

I can tell you now, that Manchester City blue is:

R: 137
G: 178
B: 234

Give or take a few values due to how the light hits the shirt/shadowing etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.