What Constitutes a Successful Upcoming Season?

It has never been and never will be all about winning for me.....

I just expect my blue shirted heroes to give it their all and try to entertain me along the way...

Picking up a pot or two along the way is a bonus - one it thought I’d never see to be honest.

So for me playing the same way we have for the last 18 months will do just fine - the rest will just take care of itself

League + FA cup.
Champion's league semi - get us ready for the final in Istanbul the year after.

Maintaining the exhilarating brand of football we played last season and retaining our Premiership crown. That in itself would be a great achievement. To add the FA Cup would be truly momentous, the greatest City achievement of my (long) lifetime. I know that our owners and some fans are desperate for CL success but, sorry, I couldn’t give a fuck about the whole overblown and corrupt monstrosity. And I say to all the anti - City media brigade out there who will no doubt bang on about true greatness being defined only by winning the CL trophy - who gives a shit what you think!

Winning the league or the champs lg is a successful season.

But so long as we play the way we can & compete, so that we know we are still on the right track, I'm still happy enough even if we win fuck all.

I just don't want to see Pep do a Mangrini, where he's completely run out of ideas & going through the motions. Which he won't, he'll resign if that happens. We can't win every year but we can be ready to try & win the year after, when we do miss out. That's all I ask.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.