What Constitutes a Successful Upcoming Season?

Win the League and FA Cup

Personally I want City to win the CL so we can stick 2 fingers upto the Dippers and Rag scrotes

Whatever the club say in public, the big push now is the Champions League. The club would forego the league title if it meant winning that.

That’s not to say that not winning it would be a failure. A disappointing season would be no champions league or league title.

Whatever the club say in public, the big push now is the Champions League. The club would forego the league title if it meant winning that.

That’s not to say that not winning it would be a failure. A disappointing season would be no champions league or league title.
Probably summed it up there.

Win the Champions League on it's own will be a resounding success. Albeit with a good run at the league though. Not that Chelsea lucky year type shit.

Retaining the league will be a resounding success. Albeit with at least a Qfinal birth.

A season that does not include one of the above will be an unsuccessful season.

The expectation are high.

As others have said the club probably want the champs lge but the real measure of success is to win the Premiership once again. For me more breathtaking football but for silverware retaining the Premiership is the ultimate crown

i think its unrealistic in such a competitive league to expect us to win the league every year. barely any teams have done it. i hope our fans haven't become really entitled and arrogant with it though. id say win a cup and try and win the league again.

we also need to start properly giving young players like foden a chance. not five minutes here and there, but proper game time. otherwise our academy for me is just becoming a money maker - like chelseas.

With the competition getting better, top 4 and a domestic cup would be an acceptable season for any of the top teams ... Winning the league only is a successful season, chuck in a cup as well and its a great season. If the cup is the CL its a mindblowing season !!!

As for points total, I can't see us getting 100 points again. We were great last season but everything fell into place for us. Might Not quite work out the same this time around

Anything > 90 points nearly always wins the league and that's well within our reach

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.