What Did You Really Think Of Camp Nou?

It's a bit of a shithole IMO. As has been already said the view from our end was terrible. If we ever played them again I'd be tempted to go over & just watch it in a bar. The trip was great though.

Not quite the phrase I want but, the words, 'you should never meet you heroes' came to mind when I got to my seat.

When following La Liga, I have always favoured Barca over Real Madrid. I saw the Real fans as snobs (I still have that impression) and Barca fans as having a bit of class. I always like the Barca brand of 'more than a club' and was looking forward to that the most out of the whole trip. But when I got to my seat after pissing in the sink (for those tutting, it's the first time I've ever done it and was forced to do it because the toilets were shitter than some grounds in English Division 2) I felt I had just disovered I'd been lied to for years. Plus, I change my mind and decided that Barca fans were snobs. (not just based on what I saw in the ground.)

In a way though I'm kinda glad I experienced the Camp Nou. I now have far more respect for our own ground and how it is designed. I always considered it too far short sighted of those involved in the design (e.g. council, etc.) not to have it leveled all the way across the ground, but as for everything else, stairs, toilets, acoustics, etc. i'm glad we've got our stadium and not the Camp Nou.

As for Barcelona, it was great. I would go again tomorrow if I could. Anyone who likes city trips should definetley consider it.

I was sat with the barca fans having paid 122€ and had a fantastic view but can imagine view for city fans would've been atrocious . Cans said beer says 4.4% so assume it was alcohol ? Thought barca fans were fine and ours were magnificent

Third time I've been there. Looks great under the floodlights but peel away the layers and it's just a big, but shabby, ground.

It's a kip. Everyone knows that, hence the 400 million euro renovation.

However you can't deny the steep tiers of the 99k seats are very impressive. The renovation will expand the stadium to 105k.

Overall it was underwhelming.

It's big, I'll give it that one positive but as a football experience it wasn't great. Barca fans are probably the worst I've encountered so far with regards lack of passion and lack of being able to create an atmosphere. Just looked like a load of plastic flag waving JCL's.

The fact it's old and the facilities were poor doesn't really bother me and the view was better than I thought it was going to be based on how high we were. I was on the very back row but more towards the goal than the half way line, had no netting to obstruct my view.

We did the tour and it was ok, enjoyed seeing a lot of manure getting cained and the amount if tropheys they had was impressive. Liked seeing all the old stuff on former players & managers, cruyff, maradona, romario, bobby Robson etc.

Real Madrid is a far more impressive stadium & tour and despite having over 30k less in capacity, Napoli was a far more impressive football experience.

Won't be in any mad rush to go back unless it's a huge game.

The Maracanã Stadium in Rio achieved mythical status in the 1960's because of its huge capacity. A bit like Maine Road holding the record for the highest attendance at an English club ground.

Camp Nou is famous for its crowd capacity but is crumbling like the old Maracanã Stadium. The design is more akin to the vast open American Football stadiums and much smaller Spanish bullfighting rings where crowds are open to the elements with a premium for those seats under cover and in the shade.

It bears no comparison to Wembley nor to the Etihad. Whether Barca can afford the rebuild or the fans will take to it are other questions? What they do have in their favour is location and lack of local competition when compared with City.

At present, Camp Nou is living on its reputation as a top European football stadium.

A true reflection on the size of a club is if they dropped down a liga or 2, do you really think they would have as many fans, I was with "home fans" but not one of them could say they've been before or followed them home and away, footballs version of the Harlem globetrotters, someone mentioned before about not meeting your heroes, I feel a little like that but an amazing experience all the same

jrb said:
Bit underwhelmed TBH.

Externally it's nothing special.

Getting in to the stadium was a nightmare.(that's worth a thread on it's own)

The catering facilities were very poor by our standards.

The view from the away fans section, high up, and behind the netting and poles, was poor.

The atmosphere was pretty much non-existent. Poor home support, away fans spread out across the top tier, no roof, etc.

TBF, internally the Camp Nou did look impressive. Colosseum like. With huge tiers sweeping around the stadium.

Internally the Nou Camp looks impressive, but other than that it's over hyped as a stadium in my opinion.(regardless of it's history)

Feel free. :-)
do they have electricity there?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.