What do we need?

daxman said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Kurple said:
Yaya?
Nasri?
Silva/Milner?
Nasri and silva are not deep lying midfielders, yaya can play there but we need cover as we saw what happened when he went away to africa. Milner im not sure hes never been give the chance to play a central role. We do need a midfielder though with a great range of passing.
I think we are certain Milner is not a deeplying playmaker.
Hes not a deep lying midfielder per se but when he was at villa he was a great box to box midfielder but Mancini has never really given him a chance to play this role in stead he always ends up playing out wide I hope this will change once we get a winger.

I hope Milner gets more game time next season. Fantastic pro and great player but needs a run of games to show us how good he can be!

greasedupdeafguy said:
Hes not a deep lying midfielder per se but when he was at villa he was a great box to box midfielder but Mancini has never really given him a chance to play this role in stead he always ends up playing out wide I hope this will change once we get a winger.
Not really. He got enough time at CM, and was decent in some games and shit in others. He is a hardworking role player. I'd play him as the workhorse tackling CM in a 2 CM formation. I.e. what Nigel plays now. But as a cerebral, ball passing and technique? That he simply will never be. Whether he is played at CM all season or not. Vision and passing technique simply isn't his forte.

Personally, I'd love signing these three lads:

1) M'vila
2) Martinez
3) Ogbonna

The first two are no-brainers but let's not forget Ogbonna, the beast from Italy.

richards30 said:
I hope Milner gets more game time next season. Fantastic pro and great player but needs a run of games to show us how good he can be!

Will more games make him quicker?

Let's not forget that we have actually wont he league, so one or two signing each year will be fine as we already have a strong squad!

CHAMPIONS 12 said:
Let's not forget that we have actually wont he league, so one or two signing each year will be fine as we already have a strong squad!

Agree to some extent but I don't think the depth of squad at present would allow for just one or two this window. We need decent cover for Kompany, as when he was out our form dropped. We need cover for Yaya as when he was away our form dropped. We need cover for Tevez as when he went AWOL our form dropped. We also need a pacey winger to combat teams which park a bus. We also need cover for Silva as he looked almost burnt out at one point in the season. So I would say 4 if Tevez stays and 5 if he goes. After this window I think one or two would then be correct.

i♥city! said:
Cobwebcat said:
For me we only need two players:

A left winger: Bale is the obvious choice

A centre back: Vermaelen would be my choice as Vinnie plays with him for Belgium too (sorry Arsenal!) Failing that Bonucci or Chiellni from Juventus.

We get the money for these two by selling these nine (easier said than done!)

Boyata
Cunningham
Bridge
Weiss
M.Johnson
Ibrahim
Adebayor
Nimely
Cruz

Bale - Yes
Chellini - Yes
Bonucci- Hell No
Vermelen- Hell No
Thiago Silva - Yes.

Really? You don't rate Vermaelen? We're not getting him so it's end of story anyway, but I'm surprised anyone wouldn't want him and Vin destroying opposing forwards together in defense. IMHO Vermaelen is sick.<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:20 pm --<br /><br />
BobbyQ90 said:
A deep lying play-maker. Martinez isn't one for me, he doesn't have the passing ability to spread play quickly. An expensive option would be someone like De Rossi or M'vila. Two very inexpensive options would be Jordy Clasie and Michael Bradley. Both very tenacious and good tacklers and both very good passers. I would prefer Clasie, as he is the younger one of the two, but Michael Bradley is the more experienced and physically imposing player.

Bradley got shorted a little at Villa, not really getting his chance. He went to Chievo and has transformed into one of the best midfielders in Serie A, taking over the "regista" duties with his exquisite passing and excellent work-rate and tackling.

Clasie on the other hand has become the engine for Feyenoord's push for the title in Holland this year. He reminds me a lot of Cabaye from Newcastle. He's small but he makes up for that with skill and pure determination.

Either of these players I would take, Bradley is probably the more polished player who could dominate our midfield right away. Clasie would need work because playing in Holland is a huge drop in class when compared to playing in Italy or England but he does have the higher ceiling when it comes to potential.

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/xDwGrQDBm-o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/xDwGrQDBm-o</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/5miZxF4trvE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/5miZxF4trvE</a>

Can't believe you had the guts to suggest an American on these boards!!!

Good for you!

And from the looks of it, the tin hat wasn't even all that neccessary...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.