What do you expect from the next 5 fixtures?

cleavers said:
rastus said:
cleavers said:
I'll be happy with 11 points or anything better, giving us 14 points from 7 games, a decent start with a new manager, a new style of play, and several new players, coupled with injuries to key players.

You would honestly be happy..? come on
No you're right if we haven't won the league by then I'm sacking it in for good.

I'll be happy with 11+ points, not sure what is wrong with that ?

Well its not really PL challenging stats...I dont think 76 points will win ( 14/7 = 2 point per game). Its early days though

Hull (H) We should win.

Stoke (A) Bogey team as we always seem to draw away, I don't see it changing to be honest.

Scum (H) Hard game but if we want to win the league we need to win all our home games against the top 4-6.

Villa (A) Villa look good this season, hard to predict.

Everton (H) Home games against teams below the top 4 should all be wins if we want to win the league.

I think a minimum of 12 points from these games should be our aim.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This season I think we can only afford to lose 4-5 games and draw 5 games, leaving a total of 89-92 points to achieve the league.

4 wins and a defeat against the rags. I'm only saying that because Moyes always has our number in recent years and i think he'll take that spell on us or determination whatever you want to call it to his new team. In fact I'm scared shitless that will continue for a long time.

The Hull game is a certain victory and it would be concerning to say the least if that doesn't happen. 3 Points.

Stoke away wouldn't surprise me if it ended in a draw but I think a victory is far more likely. 3 points.

United - draw. It'll be billed as the game of the decade, a title decider (insert other cliches) and all that caper but will probably end up being a bore. 1 point.

Villa away - a lot more difficult than people think. Away from home I reckon a draw is highly likely. 1 point

Everton at home - straightforward victory. They've had the psychological edge over recent years but I expect that to start changing with this game. 3 points.

11 points in total, then. Not too shabby to be fair.

15 Points would send a statement to the other contenders mooted by all and sundry.

Unlikely to happen and you have to take each game as it comes so lets just concentrate on Saturday and take it from there.

After losing one of our 5 life lines we can now only afford 4 wins and 1 draw in these fixtures, one of these wins must be against the scum.

Chippy_boy said:
black mamba said:
We need to be taking at least 11 points from those fixtures , we need to keep in touch with the parasites.

Yes , the league is a marathon , not a sprint , but it shouldn't be forgotten that we allowed a gap to develop around HALFWAY through the season last time around (early December) ... from which we never recovered !

Agreed.

We have also to bear in mind that they have a much easier run-in than ours. We have to play scum, liverpool, arsenal and everton away in the last 10 games whereas they only have everton away to worry about.

Fixed that for you Mamba<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:59 am --<br /><br />
NQCitizen said:
Win
Draw
Draw
Win
Draw.

12 points from 21.

That form puts us in battle for Champions league form, 4th Q of season sees us play the majority of the top six away from home so we desperately need the points on the board.

I hope the club understands this, time to get your fingers out lads and fight for every ball.

No excuses, no substandard performances, put your neck on the line, take a smack in the face if it prevents a goal, want the ball more and kick the sh!t out of the scum when we play them.

Go for the jugular, fight to the death and then attack again, no prisoners!
Don't leave anything out there!
No Regrets!!!
No Excuses!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.