What do you expect from the next 5 fixtures?

NQCitizen said:
Win
Draw
Draw
Win
Draw.

12 points from 21.

That form puts us in battle for Champions league form, 4th Q of season sees us play the majority of the top six away from home so we desperately need the points on the board.

I hope the club understands this, time to get your fingers out lads and fight for every ball.

No excuses, no substandard performances, put your neck on the line, take a smack in the face if it prevents a goal, want the ball more and kick the sh!t out of the scum when we play them.

Go for the jugular, fight to the death and then attack again, no prisoners!
Don't leave anything out there!
No Regrets!!!
No Excuses!!!

... in a word leadership.
Not from the bench, not from the stands but out there where it matters on the pitch.
Is Kompany the only one who can lead? Where are the others? We're supposed to start with 11 leaders every game...

I expect us to win against hull and play good football. I think we will probably beat stoke and then anything can happen in the derby. If we win that then we will be very confident going in to the next few games.

MadchesterCity said:
NQCitizen said:
Win
Draw
Draw
Win
Draw.

12 points from 21.

That form puts us in battle for Champions league form, 4th Q of season sees us play the majority of the top six away from home so we desperately need the points on the board.

I hope the club understands this, time to get your fingers out lads and fight for every ball.

No excuses, no substandard performances, put your neck on the line, take a smack in the face if it prevents a goal, want the ball more and kick the sh!t out of the scum when we play them.

Go for the jugular, fight to the death and then attack again, no prisoners!
Don't leave anything out there!
No Regrets!!!
No Excuses!!!

I'd love that but I can't shake the feeling that Yaya and Hart are unbelievably complacent, Aguero is unfit, Silva is slightly ineffective and Kompany is absent. Our title winning spine hasn't been anything like it was for a full season and until Yaya and Hart especially experience some massive turnaround we won't be at our best.

If we are to win every game it rests on Nasty, Fernandinho, Jovetic, Navas, Dzeko and Negredo.

Kenney_The_Blue said:
5 wins? 4 wins? Draws?

I expect us to bounce back and go on a run.

Hull (H)
Stoke (A)
Scum (H)
Villa (A)
Everton (H)

Maybe getting carried away but i honestly think we'll win the next 5.
I think you are getting carried away.

We are changing the way we play more than any other top side.

I predicted nothing will change at United, and having watched their first two games I don't see that anything has. Still counter-attacking, quickly getting the ball down the wings, lots of crosses, lots of shots. That's why Motes was picked by Ferguson, because he wouldn't change the way United play.

Chelsea have got a manager who plays a similar style to Benitez but Mourinho is a favourite of the fans and the players that were there from last time. Deep defending, a fair bit of pressing. Similar to Benitez. It's what a lot there will be used to and how they like to work.

Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool had the same managers and nothing much is changing with them neither. I think Spurs will be right up there this season.

Whereas with us we are completely changing the way we're playing. There are going to be players who have been good for us under Mancini who won't be good for us with the new way of playing. High line defending doesn't suit most of our defenders. It doesn't suit Zaba at all, neither Lescott or García look comfortable with it, I don't see Kolarov being able to cope with it, we've not seen Nastasić under these tactics in a real game yet. This is just the defence. The pressing game in midfield won't suit Yaya so we need everyone else to be 'on it' to make up for it (at Atléti, for example, the whole team can do it) Silva has no pace so isn't particularly effective at it (to use another example there's not one slow player in the whole Dortmund team). That's two players who will start more often than not that don't press well. Will Pellegrini adapt our gameplan to suit them or will they have to adapt their games to suit the new style of play? Then up front Džeko doesn't press well, he's too slow to do it effectively. So to when you look at or team we don't particularly have the players to play a high line and high pressing game.

It's not just the high line defending and high pressing game that will be changing neither and dot expect players to just automatically be good at all of it. Changes take time to implement and adapt to fully.

This season I think we need to be patient with the team and the manager. I'm not looking five games ahead and thinking "we'll win *?* out of five" and I'm certainly by thinking "we're definitely going to win the league". I'm just going to see how we do on a game by game basis, see where we are come February/March, maybe even give Pellegrini a season's grace, and go from there.

Kenney_The_Blue said:
5 wins? 4 wins? Draws?

I expect us to bounce back and go on a run.

Hull (H)
Stoke (A)
Scum (H)
Villa (A)
Everton (H)

Maybe getting carried away but i honestly think we'll win the next 5.

This is very difficult to judge after what we witnessed at Cardiff, and with Vinnie still out for a few weeks at least.

So here goes:

Hull at home we'll win.
Stoke Away we'll lose.
Scum at home we'll draw.
Villa Away we'll draw
Everton we'll win

So 8 points

Thats realistic imo, but hopefully we get 15 points.

We need Vinnie back asap!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.