What do you expect from the next 5 fixtures?

squote="chicagoblues"]
black mamba said:
chicagoblues said:
I have more faith in home games then away.

Just a bit of info .....

Navas and Negredo were part of the Sevilla team that had THE worst away record in La Liga last season ...... they only managed ONE away win all season , and only scored 17 goals on their travels compared to the 52 that champions Barcelona scored ...... only four other spanish teams managed to score less away goals in the league than Sevilla.

To be fair to Negredo though he DID finish up 4th highest scorer in the division , with 25 goals (only Falcao , Ronaldo and Messi scored more) ..... although i strongly suspect that the vast majority of Negredos goals came at home ..... and to be fair to Navas he probably had a hand in a number of those goals.

I'm not sure what Navas and Negredo playing for Sevilla and their away form has got to do with our next five fixtures!

City has to be looking for double figures points wise to be in the mix for the League title.

Hull (H) - 3-1 or 4.1 Win
Stoke (A) - 1.0 Win
Scum (H) - 1.1 Draw
Villa (A) - 0.0 Draw
Everton (H) 1.0 Win

5 wins, but I'm nervous about Stoke's long balls, counters, and set pieces against our valiant "leaders" at the back in Garcia and Lescott.

Kompany's first game back will be against United, and you just know he'll be hungry and he and Nasty won't give em a sniff.

Worried far more about Stoke away than the rag game, tbh, but we're due a win at Stoke.

city51 said:
Heart 4 wins 1 draw Head 2 wins 3 draws I really think we will struggle to stay in top 4 this season
Unbelievable.

Why do so many people think we won't win at Villa? We always beat them there, Liverpool just went there and won comfortably. Stop panicking.

Stoke is the only one there where I'm worried about us dropping points. But now Hughes is there I can see us beating them and keeping a clean sheet while we're at it.

For the same reason Connor that so many people thought we would win at Cardiff.
Expect the unexpected.
Same at Fulham a a massive 2.0 up at half time and then at Sunderland away with a cheeky offside decision and so on and so on etc etc etc.
Nowt cast in stone mate.

conormcfc said:
city51 said:
Heart 4 wins 1 draw Head 2 wins 3 draws I really think we will struggle to stay in top 4 this season
Unbelievable.

Why do so many people think we won't win at Villa? We always beat them there, Liverpool just went there and won comfortably. Stop panicking.

Stoke is the only one there where I'm worried about us dropping points. But now Hughes is there I can see us beating them and keeping a clean sheet while we're at it.

ElanJo said:
We should win all 5 (if VK is fit for the derby)

Stoke (without VK) could be a tricky one

I'm afraid they're all fucking dodgy without VK. I have never been a fan of Lescott, accident waiting to happen, and with
Garcia alongside it's like watching the Keystone Cops.

Unless there's a serious change in our approach and commitment away from home we'll keep coming unstuck. Let's face it our form away from home is no better than a mid table side. If Sunday told us anything it's the complacency that was there last season still exists. The list of teams who seem to be able to cause us serious problems seems to be growing and that is a worrying trend. Too much fannying about with the ball and not enough directness. And for gods sake pull the trigger once in a while! By the way I expect 15 points from our next 5, mind you even when we were crap I still expected us to win every game so nothings changed in that respect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.