What do you expect from the next 5 fixtures?

Kenney_The_Blue said:
5 wins? 4 wins? Draws?

I expect us to bounce back and go on a run.

Hull (H)
Stoke (A)
Scum (H)
Villa (A)
Everton (H)

As an exiled Blue running a pub in Cambridgeshire who has to rely on Sky for his City fix, I am not as confident as the OP:

Hull (H) - Win
Stoke (A) - Draw
Scum (H) - Draw
Villa (A) - Draw
Everton (H) - Win

To me it is more important to go on an unbeaten run to allow the team to start to gel rather than get all agitated if we drop points against the so called "lesser" sides like Stoke and Villa.

black mamba said:
jimharri said:
After that abject display on Sunday? Fuck knows.

hehe .....

true enough Jim ...

Yaya convinced we'll bounce back though.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/toure-city-will-bounce-back-5790960" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ck-5790960</a>

(mind you , BEFORE the game at Cardiff Yaya reiterated the teams 'burning desire' to win the title back , so i'm not reading too much into his latest article !)

And he came out with stuff like that on several occasions last season, only to come out strolling around like nothing mattered the following weekend.

I hate to be simplistic but....... We won't have any problems scoring this season, and have the best squad of players in the league (I fear Chelsea, but was not impressed yesterday, and think Mourinho has too much respect for the old guard, and for some bizzare reason does not seem to rate/get on with Mata. The scum have a very ordinary squad and if Robin van winkle get's injured, and he is due one, they will be fooked).

Our issue is simply our CB players and cover. Zabba (and I personally think he has much more heart than ability) has been slated for Cardiff, but what the fook was 6' 1" Lescott doing guarding the line whilst 5' 9" Zabba was trying to out jump a CF!!

As for Garcia, he would not get into my Wednesday night 7 a side astroturf games, and we have an average age of about 40!!

VK is probably the most professional individual that has ever graced our club and he is beyond doubt one of the best CB's in the world (in my humble opinion). But a young Nasty aside, that's all we have as MR is not a natural CB and injury prone.

The result against Cardiff was a disaster, as any team serious about winning the league must win those sort of fixtures.

All however is not lost, but we simply must go out NOW, TODAY and bring in some CB quality and cover. If this is not in place by the close of the window, then I fear for all 5 of these fixtures (Hull at home aside).

CityPar said:
NQCitizen said:
Win
Draw
Draw
Win
Draw.

12 points from 21.

I think you'll find that little lot adds to 9 points!!

Anyway, we'll win our home games but it's the away ones which will decide our fate and I'm not convinced we're ruthless enought to win enough away from home. I think we'll finish 3rd this year at best.

I was including the first two games in the points tally. Hence why it's 21 available not 15. Agree with your summary, we'll lose a few too many more before we're settled.

Lancet Fluke said:
black mamba said:
jimharri said:
After that abject display on Sunday? Fuck knows.

hehe .....

true enough Jim ...

Yaya convinced we'll bounce back though.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/toure-city-will-bounce-back-5790960" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ck-5790960</a>

(mind you , BEFORE the game at Cardiff Yaya reiterated the teams 'burning desire' to win the title back , so i'm not reading too much into his latest article !)

And he came out with stuff like that on several occasions last season, only to come out strolling around like nothing mattered the following weekend.

spot on

black mamba said:
chicagoblues said:
I have more faith in home games then away.

Just a bit of info .....

Navas and Negredo were part of the Sevilla team that had THE worst away record in La Liga last season ...... they only managed ONE away win all season , and only scored 17 goals on their travels compared to the 52 that champions Barcelona scored ...... only four other spanish teams managed to score less away goals in the league than Sevilla.

To be fair to Negredo though he DID finish up 4th highest scorer in the division , with 25 goals (only Falcao , Ronaldo and Messi scored more) ..... although i strongly suspect that the vast majority of Negredos goals came at home ..... and to be fair to Navas he probably had a hand in a number of those goals.
Thanks for the info.
cheers

I don't ever remember being this anxious for City's matches. Five wins would be great, if they are 6-0 or 1-0 with the ball just rolling over the line after hitting Garcia's arse from a failed goal kick it. I think 13 points from 5 fixtures with a draw against Everton or Stoke.

Not sure why everyone's predicting a draw at Stoke. This isn't the Stoke of the last few years... old Clueless is there and he's bloody useless. Even more useless is Mark Bowen, his defence coach.

I want 3 points there.

Also, with the points dropped at Cardiff, we need a run. Lets win them all. No more fucking about at the back. If Hart can't dominate his area any better, give Pants a run. If Lescott and Garcia can't grasp the opportunity, let's hurry up and get Rami or Demichelis in as seems to be on the radar.

I'm usually pretty patient and optimistic when it comes to City... sometimes I think I'm too slow to slag our players off. But our problem with parked buses hasn't changed in 3 or 4 seasons now. It needs sorting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.