What do you miss about Maine Road?

kippaxwarrior

Team supported
City of course!!
taken from bbc i know, but will get better answers here!!!
Heres mine

Getting off the bus on oxford rd,then walking down claremont rd seeing and smelling the burger vans,then just seeing the top of the floodlights of maine rd,walking down the back streets of moss side and then BANG!! the ground
was right in front of you!! going through the turnstiles and walking up the concrete stairs to the windy corner and seeing the pitch for the first time, then after the match walking back to oxford rd with my dad(who always used to moan win lose or draw!!) then go for a curry(plus pint when i was 16!!)
happy days!!

Theres no paticular thing i miss i don't think, i reckon it's just 'cos it was a "hallowed" place if you will that was a big part of my life from 5 to about 13.

Dependant on who was driving we either parked at the back of Wilmslow road or inbetween Claremont and Great Western,
The walk through the streets and alleyways, always felt intimidating as a home fan, god knows how an away fan would have felt, then suddenly it was there infront of you, The Kippax.
Getting a Kobeda on the way home from Rusholme chippy, matchdays just aint the same without 1.

The Kippax even though I am a short ar*e so stood near the front the whole going through the turnstile walking down the tunnel is seeing the pitch come into view. The singing regardless. And cheap prices my first season ticket as a kid cost my parents £55.
Mind you the Live 4 City Season Card at £95 is real good value

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.