What do you miss about Maine Road?

Not read through ALL the answers but I'm sure someone will already have said this.
Still, it's what I miss most about MR - the inter-stand banter which used to so bemuse away fans. The north-west corner try and get it going at CoMS but sadly, it's rarely taken up by the other stands.

EVERYTHING. From when i got outta bed, to gettin the train, to walking through town in the piss rain, to match bus, to parkside(waiting for a beer was the worst part of the day and they never ever sorted it out), to sinking a beer and brandy or 2 and a bifta in the entrys leading upto the ground, oh fuk it, as i said, everything.

Wipes tear from eye and boots the cat.

Then remembers we're gonna make it and rule the world. Wipes tear again then gets mind on tomorrows day, outta bed, train,piss rain, match bus, Mary Ds, brandy down me neck then COMS.

Wipes tears again, and thanks god for making me blue.

A LOVE YOU LOT ME YER KNOW.

Gets slap off wife for being soft. (but she just doesnt understand). LOL.

BlueSpice said:
Not read through ALL the answers but I'm sure someone will already have said this.
Still, it's what I miss most about MR - the inter-stand banter which used to so bemuse away fans. The north-west corner try and get it going at CoMS but sadly, it's rarely taken up by the other stands.

Maine Stand, Give us a song, Maine Stand Maine Stand Give us a song......
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Kippax start singing...
Your not famous any more!

The mind your car mister lads, when we left MR it was the same lads in their twenties still minding our car.
The North Stand
The Kippax when it was standing
The atmosphere
Getting away with swearing in front of my Dad when I was a kid and always hearing "If I hear that outside of this ground your arse will be as Blue as you are"
Loads more things, was my second home growing up

Standing in the Kippax for a night match, take your pick, Utd Lge Cup Nov 75, Liverpool 1.1 76-77, Everton FAC replay 81, 52500, oh really, the list goes on, but what a sight walking across the Kippax carpark with the flood lights on and the lads in full voice. Lets rock the COM tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.