What do you miss about Maine Road?

The atmosphere for me.Although it wasn;t allways great.It died for a time after the kippax was re-built,then found its home in the north stand.This gives us hope for coms.We just need that single thing to re start it.The bananas in the old kippax did.Goater for me did it for the North stand.We have always had a quiet spell like all clubs but it;ll be back.Does anyone still have any relatives still alive that can remember Hyde road,any stories to share,be a shame to loose them for ever.

i miss the general buzz & the atmosphere, & the fact that every day out would just descend into drunken tomfoolery, & we could choose from loads of reasonable boozers, curry houses etc.

the area around Coms just isn't somewhere you want to be after about 7 oclock when you're leathered!

nem said:
The bluemoon chippy........naaaaattt

PICT10771.jpg

I also miss the smell of the concrete at Maine Road as you walked up the stairs to the stands, sad I know but the place did have that certain smell about it that was so distinct and memorable every time I went, I can still smell it now!

People saying 'It's not as good as Hyde Road. Atmosphere isn't the same. It's a nice ground and all but it just isn't the same'.

As an eight year old kid with my dad and uncle, Saturday dinnertime being marched up Yew Tree Rd superspeed in my green parka and Lord Anthony flares, pissed wet through with a bag of steaming chips. Well before the junction with Platt Lane hearing the unbelievable atmosphere and singing in the ground building up, over Platt Lane a quick dodge past a few piles of dog shite in the alleys next to the ground and then I was there. Once we got through the turnstiles my dad and uncle would meet their mates at the massive bar outside the Kippax. They would have a couple of pints of bitter and I'd be handed a bag of XL crisps and a tin of shandy. Up the stairs and after being squeezed through the crowd I'd be plonked along with hundreds of other snot nosed little herberts in parkas on the white wall on the front of The Kippax. Just before kick off my dad would fuck off up in The Kippax with his mates with the promise of returning after the final whistle. It's hard to describe the excitement, noise and nervouseness of watching City run out onto the pitch in the mid 70's, but I do know that from that point on City and Maine Road have provided me with the sort of memories throughout my teens, twentys and thirties, That irrespective of trophies and on pitch success those prawn munching rag twats could never have done. The new stadium is great and hopefully it'll provide the same experiences for my lad in the future that I have enjoyed...but it's not the ground...it's the club... C'MON CITY!!!

The atmosphere! Appart from the UEFA Cup game v Hamburg, there's nothing at CoMS.
Miss the Kippax as well. Remember going to the 'Kippax last Stand' before it got changed to an all seater! What a day!...

All of it! Drove past yesterday and it seemed qiute surreal seeing all the housing development on the site

i8therags said:
The atmosphere for me.Although it wasn;t allways great.It died for a time after the kippax was re-built,then found its home in the north stand.This gives us hope for coms.We just need that single thing to re start it.The bananas in the old kippax did.Goater for me did it for the North stand.We have always had a quiet spell like all clubs but it;ll be back.Does anyone still have any relatives still alive that can remember Hyde road,any stories to share,be a shame to loose them for ever.

My grandad died a good few years back, he used to tell me about "kids corner"? at hyde road & he went to the last game at hyde road & the first at maine road, I just wish now I had asked him more questions when I had the chance!

Does anyone remember the song/tune thst City came out to in the next to last season at MR.
It's been doing my head in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.