What do you miss about Maine Road?

slowhand_1000 said:
Does anyone remember the song/tune thst City came out to in the next to last season at MR.
It's been doing my head in
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2yZHJhpFLg[/youtube]

this one?

I miss being able to to pay at turnstiles and standing.
Showing up at the pub at noon on a Sat.
Getting a crew together and heading off for a 3 o'clock k.o.
Singing in the Kippax and just the whole atmosphere generally

scottyboi said:
slowhand_1000 said:
Does anyone remember the song/tune thst City came out to in the next to last season at MR.
It's been doing my head in
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2yZHJhpFLg[/youtube]

this one?

Yes that was it .... I think. I didn't realise that it was that one. They used it when we first arrived (I think)at CoMS. It used to make the tin foil on my balti pie vibrate

Standing in the old Kippax.

But once that had gone I though it was a rubbish ground personally. Eastlands is much better and closer to where I live, so I'm happier there!

Atmosphere and looking back i kinda miss well maybe not miss but always makes me laugh, little rascals attempting to sneak behind and go through the turnstiles.

droylsdenblue said:
The name...I never really know what to call CoMs!

this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the kippax, i sat in the upper tier gg from the age of 7 until we left in 2003, i used to run to the little shitty stand and have a crafty fag at half time with my mate.(we were only about 12 so had to hide it from daddy). i miss the 'right here right now' tune they used to play when the boys were coming out(county nicked this after beating us at maine rd).
but most of all i miss the bonding i did wiv my dad(we still go every week now in the kippax(east stand my arse)and it just does'nt feel the same(yet!)

Well, I did only go to Maine Road, 10 or 11 times. As i was only 5 or 6. But people in the Gene Kelly stand... whenever we got a corner people would bang their feet and make noise to build tension for a poor corner.

I was at the Sunderland game, (penultimate game) and even though i had only been their afew times... i still cried when i left.

Now i'm a season card holder at CoMS. and its much cleaner, brighter and will bring more glory than Maine Road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.