What do you think about united?

KentBlue said:
In the 60's, the 70's and the early 80's, I disliked them. I was passionate about my dislike and I wanted to punch the likes of Crerand, Best, Stepney etc. Then the GPC took over and my dislike accelerated into a hatred I had no idea I was capable of. And that sneering, spiteful, odious, reptile became the embodiment of all that is wrong with the club. From their polystyrene followers in Asia, queuing up to buy tacky souvenirs that wouldn't look out of place on Great Yarmouth seafront, the almost carnival-like parade at the swamp every February, the drooling sycophancy of Clive Tydelesy, Martin Tyler etc that literally oozes from every pore when Shrek is in view, the apparent reluctance from the S*n, Mirror, Mail, Express, Guardian to print anything negatively about the verminous rags, their complete and utter contempt for fair play and sportsmanship, the bullying and outright intimidation of match officials, their manipulation of the rules, the spineless club managers who allowed their sides to go down without a whimper against the piss can...

I could go on but I fear my bonce will explode at any moment. Suffice to say I'm not too keen.

Is it me or were you warming to them towards the end of your post?

KentBlue said:
In the 60's, the 70's and the early 80's, I disliked them. I was passionate about my dislike and I wanted to punch the likes of Crerand, Best, Stepney etc. Then the GPC took over and my dislike accelerated into a hatred I had no idea I was capable of. And that sneering, spiteful, odious, reptile became the embodiment of all that is wrong with the club. From their polystyrene followers in Asia, queuing up to buy tacky souvenirs that wouldn't look out of place on Great Yarmouth seafront, the almost carnival-like parade at the swamp every February, the drooling sycophancy of Clive Tydelesy, Martin Tyler etc that literally oozes from every pore when Shrek is in view, the apparent reluctance from the S*n, Mirror, Mail, Express, Guardian to print anything negatively about the verminous rags, their complete and utter contempt for fair play and sportsmanship, the bullying and outright intimidation of match officials, their manipulation of the rules, the spineless club managers who allowed their sides to go down without a whimper against the piss can...

I could go on but I fear my bonce will explode at any moment. Suffice to say I'm not too keen.

Please continue to go on if you can. You articulate them well. ;)
Words are not sufficient to describe those odious, despicable Sycophants, MUppets, MUffins, MUstards following their serpentine Dark Lord and his reptilian Tools (Scholes, Keane et al)

Their Glory days are over but its their incessant noise & continual propaganda by their legion of reptilian followers for example that
1. GPC is the best Football Manager given that he has a poor dismal European record in 20 plus years (longevity) of Euro campaigns.
2. Their Legend the Ginger Piss Canker acclaimed by them as their Best English Central Midfielder. This GPC outlier out of his OT element is a poor England Player exposed by WC players for the Poseur he is.
3. Their dubious 20 PL titles all 'ill gotten gains' based on their .

complete and utter contempt for fair play and sportsmanship, the bullying and outright intimidation of match officials, their manipulation of the rules, the spineless club managers who allowed their sides to go down without a whimper against the piss can

It was the advent of the Premier (?) League that allowed them to become prominent in English football. The Premier League needed a figurehead club in order to get to the potential massive (!!) audience around the world. It was decided somewhere that they would be that club, from that point every decision went their way, they were allowed to manipulate the officials without any checks or punishments, decisions on the filed always went their way. They were even allowed to drop out of the, so called, biggest cup in the world to take part in a game which was no more that a marketing exercise.
As many on here have said, they have continued to erode what was good in the game and have turned it into a giant marketing exercise, for example, Sun Ji Park is now an ambassador for the club, if that is not a blatant shirt selling move I do not know what is. They were instrumental in ensuring that their position was cemented by being instrumental in setting up the FFP, which I now hope will come back and bite them in the arse but I am not holding my breath.
I could go on about their sneering contempt for any other aspect of football and the sycophantic reporting of their activities by the British press and the airbrushing out of history the despicable things they have done in the past, but I will not do so as I am getting myself wound up just typing this.
Fair to say I wish only a slow, painful demise for them, hopefully caused by their encouragement of ensuring that the finances stay in a small group of clubs, a group which they have dropped out of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.