What do you think about united?

Vienna_70 said:
Bluewonder said:
Vienna_70 said:
Martin Edwards financed success?
James Gibson financed success?

All of the above?

Plus John Henry Davies financed success - the original sugar daddy in Manchester football.

More handouts than a homeless tramp in Piccadilly Gardens, not to mention saved from oblivion by God's own club on more than one occasion, yet some of the small-time cunts slate us for our recent good fortune.

Rascal said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Rascal said:
We have a few non UK members, the Caf has a majority of non UK members. City mean little to them as most have never been to the UK never mind Manchester
This is correct, Rasc. The point is, to many on rag cafe, City don't feature directly in their lives. If they live in Singapore, for example, to them, City fans will comprise of ex-pats and the odd indigenous curiosity. Liverpool and Arsenal fans will be at the forefront of their day to day interaction with opposition fans. It is these encounters which, as supporters, mainly shape our views of other fans. It is why you and I, perhaps, have what might be described by some as a more balanced view about united fans, as we both have people who are close to us who have that unfortunate affliction.

Any City fan who resides or works in or around Manchester can be in no doubt as to the veracity of claims that City don't matter to united fans. In its own way our rise is their worst nightmare as it was so unexpected and is set to endure.

Their taunts and mocking will haunt them for years to come. Anyone who says that doesn't feature on their radar is a liar.

They do indeed hate it. The rags i know in Cheadle cant even revert to whats fast becoming another Rag safety ploy of the Didnt you support Chelsea in 2008 and they cannot even say to me but yeah when did you ever go to City as they all know i have been going years and went when we were shit et etc. My rag friends have no defence left with me, i mean i used to wind the c**ts up when we were in the 3rd division and they were amazing so what chance now. I have loved this year talking with City mates in front of them about how we are all getting Roma in the CL. They just sit there and say fuck all. Its brilliant. Back in the day when they were planning trips here and there, we would just talk over them with our exotic plans for getting to Grimsby and what a great day we were going to have :)

The other week though one who does go home games occasionally was in my company along with another 4 blues. We were of course ripping the piss out of him and he came out with classic "even when you beat us 6-1 we were the better team" I have not laughed so much and for so long for years. 5 blues around a table crying laughing at him. I almost felt sorry for him he looked that defeated.

I meant to respond to this last week but the bolded bit is so fucking true. You hear them saying that City fans have suddenly found their voices after so many years of failure but it couldn't be further from the truth because from my own experience we were on their cases every bit as much in our dark days as we are now - in fact in my case I can't even be arsed winding them up that much anymore, preferring instead to enjoy the good times we're having. I honestly think that for those match-going United mates we associated with during the days when they were successful and we were utter shite it annoyed the hell out of them that we never chucked the towel in and continued to follow City all over the country. Many of them were lost for words when we showed our faces in the pub after we got back from Stoke on the day we were relegated to the third tier and did the same 2 years earlier on the day they won the league and we were relegated at home to Liverpool, pissing all over their shitty title celebrations by kicking off a load of City-related chants.

They are the Mafia of professional football. My first City game was in 1956 and I remember my old dad saying "son,you're on the right path,those shitehawks are evil.They will step on anyone to reach their goal,they will forget that we saved them after the war,they are corrupt from top to bottom and aways will be.you're a Mancunian and a blue,be proud of both and never let go of that thought"
Obviously I paraphrase a bit but that is the gist of it.They are the shite on my shoe,I despise everything they stand for,always have, always will.

In the 60's, the 70's and the early 80's, I disliked them. I was passionate about my dislike and I wanted to punch the likes of Crerand, Best, Stepney etc. Then the GPC took over and my dislike accelerated into a hatred I had no idea I was capable of. And that sneering, spiteful, odious, reptile became the embodiment of all that is wrong with the club. From their polystyrene followers in Asia, queuing up to buy tacky souvenirs that wouldn't look out of place on Great Yarmouth seafront, the almost carnival-like parade at the swamp every February, the drooling sycophancy of Clive Tydelesy, Martin Tyler etc that literally oozes from every pore when Shrek is in view, the apparent reluctance from the S*n, Mirror, Mail, Express, Guardian to print anything negatively about the verminous rags, their complete and utter contempt for fair play and sportsmanship, the bullying and outright intimidation of match officials, their manipulation of the rules, the spineless club managers who allowed their sides to go down without a whimper against the piss can...

I could go on but I fear my bonce will explode at any moment. Suffice to say I'm not too keen.

KentBlue said:
In the 60's, the 70's and the early 80's, I disliked them. I was passionate about my dislike and I wanted to punch the likes of Crerand, Best, Stepney etc. Then the GPC took over and my dislike accelerated into a hatred I had no idea I was capable of. And that sneering, spiteful, odious, reptile became the embodiment of all that is wrong with the club. From their polystyrene followers in Asia, queuing up to buy tacky souvenirs that wouldn't look out of place on Great Yarmouth seafront, the almost carnival-like parade at the swamp every February, the drooling sycophancy of Clive Tydelesy, Martin Tyler etc that literally oozes from every pore when Shrek is in view, the apparent reluctance from the S*n, Mirror, Mail, Express, Guardian to print anything negatively about the verminous rags, their complete and utter contempt for fair play and sportsmanship, the bullying and outright intimidation of match officials, their manipulation of the rules, the spineless club managers who allowed their sides to go down without a whimper against the piss can...

I could go on but I fear my bonce will explode at any moment. Suffice to say I'm not too keen.
You make an observation that others have made but is worth thinking about. The hate only really started when Ferguson took over at the swamp. In fact, the hate that is prevalent throughout the Premier League now can be seen to start with that ****. And they named a fucking stand after him.

M18CTID said:
Rascal said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
This is correct, Rasc. The point is, to many on rag cafe, City don't feature directly in their lives. If they live in Singapore, for example, to them, City fans will comprise of ex-pats and the odd indigenous curiosity. Liverpool and Arsenal fans will be at the forefront of their day to day interaction with opposition fans. It is these encounters which, as supporters, mainly shape our views of other fans. It is why you and I, perhaps, have what might be described by some as a more balanced view about united fans, as we both have people who are close to us who have that unfortunate affliction.

Any City fan who resides or works in or around Manchester can be in no doubt as to the veracity of claims that City don't matter to united fans. In its own way our rise is their worst nightmare as it was so unexpected and is set to endure.

Their taunts and mocking will haunt them for years to come. Anyone who says that doesn't feature on their radar is a liar.

They do indeed hate it. The rags i know in Cheadle cant even revert to whats fast becoming another Rag safety ploy of the Didnt you support Chelsea in 2008 and they cannot even say to me but yeah when did you ever go to City as they all know i have been going years and went when we were shit et etc. My rag friends have no defence left with me, i mean i used to wind the c**ts up when we were in the 3rd division and they were amazing so what chance now. I have loved this year talking with City mates in front of them about how we are all getting Roma in the CL. They just sit there and say fuck all. Its brilliant. Back in the day when they were planning trips here and there, we would just talk over them with our exotic plans for getting to Grimsby and what a great day we were going to have :)

The other week though one who does go home games occasionally was in my company along with another 4 blues. We were of course ripping the piss out of him and he came out with classic "even when you beat us 6-1 we were the better team" I have not laughed so much and for so long for years. 5 blues around a table crying laughing at him. I almost felt sorry for him he looked that defeated.

I meant to respond to this last week but the bolded bit is so fucking true. You hear them saying that City fans have suddenly found their voices after so many years of failure but it couldn't be further from the truth because from my own experience we were on their cases every bit as much in our dark days as we are now - in fact in my case I can't even be arsed winding them up that much anymore, preferring instead to enjoy the good times we're having. I honestly think that for those match-going United mates we associated with during the days when they were successful and we were utter shite it annoyed the hell out of them that we never chucked the towel in and continued to follow City all over the country. Many of them were lost for words when we showed our faces in the pub after we got back from Stoke on the day we were relegated to the third tier and did the same 2 years earlier on the day they won the league and we were relegated at home to Liverpool, pissing all over their shitty title celebrations by kicking off a load of City-related chants.

Having waited 44 years 93 minutes and 20 second obviously winning the league in 2012 will always be one of my greatest memories as a City fan, but for me the 1988/89 season will always be my favourite. I didn't miss a single game home or away and had a great time travelling the country watching City. I celebrated on the pitch at Bradford with many thousand other proud and loyal City fans. u****d will never get this; they measure their 'enjoyment' of their club in terms of how successful they are rather than how much fun they actually have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.