What do you think is wrong?

this era will go down as the most important period since we began, it should be the golden age. its just a shame we have accrued quite a lot of players who are able to put in abject perfromances and not be bothered. no heart, no battle, no desire. it slightly marrs our achievements slightly (well for me at least)

I think there are a number of problems, not just one.

Lack of desire: some players are more severely affected by this, namely MDM,Yaya and Kolarov. They lack the will to put in a full shift week in/out.

Lack of energy: this is especially evident when we don't have the ball. The one game when we did play to a high tempo was v Sevilla and it was by far our best performance this season.

Terrible injury record to our top players: missing Silva and Aguero and VK for over half the league games to date is a major factor.

Lack of ability: a problem largely owned by Fernando. He is just not good enough and gets played far too much by MP. Jury still just about out on young Mangala.

Apart from this, we are still in a great position in all competitions. If our injury voodoo stops haunting us anytime soon this team still has a chance of a very successful campaign.
Fingers crossed!!

Lack of desire: some players are more severely affected by this, namely MDM,Yaya and Kolarov. They lack the will to put in a full shift week in/out.

Lack of energy: this is especially evident when we don't have the ball. The one game when we did play to a high tempo was v Sevilla and it was by far our best performance this season.

Terrible injury record to our top players: missing Silva and Aguero and VK for over half the league games to date is a major factor.

Lack of ability: a problem largely owned by Fernando. He is just not good enough and gets played far too much by MP. Jury still just about out on young Mangala.

Apart from this, we are still in a great position in all competitions. If our injury voodoo stops haunting us anytime soon this team still has a chance of a very successful campaign.
Fingers crossed!!
Plus:
Playing too attacking away from home, especially when we aren't at full strength (why play four attacking players at Stoke when we have a half fit Silva and no Kun?).
Playing without enough bodies in central midfield.
Playing a high defensive line but with no pressing further up the pitch.
Asking four 30+ full backs to bomb up and down the wing all game.
Not taking into account what the oppositions strengths and weaknesses are.
Lack of adaptability when things aren't going right (it should be after 15minutes that things are changed when it's glaring obvious what's wrong, yet against Liverpool it was half time and against Stoke it was 63minutes).
Doing bizarre things like not playing with a striker at 0-0 at bottom of the league Villa for an hour.

Thank you. I was feeling lonely:-) Joe looked like a statue from behind the goal, worse when I saw it first on tv and even worse from the camera behind the crosser.

Stood directly behind the goal on Saturday and said the same thing at the time. Probably shouldn't have got to that stage but, having done so, I thought Joe could maybe have done more.

Fingers crossed!!
Plus:
Playing too attacking away from home, especially when we aren't at full strength (why play four attacking players at Stoke when we have a half fit Silva and no Kun?).
Playing without enough bodies in central midfield.
Playing a high defensive line but with no pressing further up the pitch.
Asking four 30+ full backs to bomb up and down the wing all game.
Not taking into account what the oppositions strengths and weaknesses are.
Lack of adaptability when things aren't going right (it should be after 15minutes that things are changed when it's glaring obvious what's wrong, yet against Liverpool it was half time and against Stoke it was 63minutes).
Doing bizarre things like not playing with a striker at 0-0 at bottom of the league Villa for an hour.

Do you two think De Bruyne is being played in his optimal position for us?

Do you two think De Bruyne is being played in his optimal position for us?
No, i don't even think he was when Silva was out and now he's back he's got no chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.