What do you think is wrong?

Plus:
Playing too attacking away from home, especially when we aren't at full strength (why play four attacking players at Stoke when we have a half fit Silva and no Kun?).
Playing without enough bodies in central midfield.
Playing a high defensive line but with no pressing further up the pitch.
Asking four 30+ full backs to bomb up and down the wing all game.
Not taking into account what the oppositions strengths and weaknesses are.
Lack of adaptability when things aren't going right (it should be after 15minutes that things are changed when it's glaring obvious what's wrong, yet against Liverpool it was half time and against Stoke it was 63minutes).
Doing bizarre things like not playing with a striker at 0-0 at bottom of the league Villa for an hour.
Agree with all that.
It is frustrating to see how long it takes MP to make tactical switches in games when thing aren't going right. Plan B is always too late. It's the complete opposite of Mancini....

Agree with all that.
It is frustrating to see how long it takes MP to make tactical switches in games when thing aren't going right. Plan B is always too late. It's the complete opposite of Mancini....

He actually showed signs of tactical ability against Watford when his changes did make a difference. It didn't last long.

He actually showed signs of tactical ability against Watford when his changes did make a difference. It didn't last long.
I agree it takes some guts to hawk a player off after 30 mins. It's an admission of failed tactical selection by the manager and it doesn't half piss the player off.
Nevertheless admitting one's mistakes is the mark of a great manager as it implies an ability to learn from them. We never hear about mistakes in selection from MP in the post match analysis, there are always other reasons for the team not delivering. It is this lack of insight that has convinced me over time that it is time for a new manager. Shame cos there is lots I like about Pelkegrini but I don't think he can take us to the next level.

The whole backline apart from Kompany and Otamendi is a mess. While he is solid, Sagna isnt anything special paticularly going forward, Demi has been a great for the past two seasons but his legs are gone, Mangala is wank and Kolarov has been on borrowed time for years but his odd goal and assist keeps him here.

Zaba...........Kompany.............Otamendi..............Clichy

Would like to see that back four once all fit but even if we got a few clean sheets with them Pellegrini would just rotate

Centre mid has been a problem position for years. Fernandinho aside, no one who is near Yayas level has been brought in since the takeover which is why we constantly get over run in Europe. What do we in the summer? sign bloody Delph and keep Fernando

Dont think the three attacking players behind the strikers is really functioning at the moment but on paper thats the fourth best attacking line up in the world although Sterling has been a bit of a dissapointment, he is still very young though. Would personally like to see him in a few other positions than left wing.

Bony is just fucking shit think everyone is agreed on that. I feel for Kelechi, Pellegrini has had plenty of chances when we've been in comfortable postions like last season against southampton or against West Brom at the beginning of the seaso nbut has rejected that and puts him when we're all at sea against Stoke away. Dont know what the club will do as Aguero just cannot seem to stay fit and how can you accomadate two top stikers when you have three forward midfielders like Silva, KBD and Sterling who all want to play.

All the foundations are there for us to absolutely dominate league but its just some absolute baffling decsions in the transfer market and by the manger which is keeping us tied down.

Last edited:
I was very pleased when we signed Mangala but he simply hasn't stepped up. Pogba will be the long term replacement for Yaya Toure. I'm starting to believe that the players no longer believe in Pellegrini's tactics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.