What does Gareth Barry have to do?

Gelsons Dad said:
It's not long ago that he was resident boo boy on here.
He's one of my favourite players because he cherishes possession and rarely gives the ball away cheaply.
He should be winning a lot more man of the match awards but because he does the hard work so easily he tends to go unnoticed.
correct. so underrated

I have argued many times that City pass it better and keep possession better when GB plays. Not sure fans of many clubs realise that their flair players, in our case David Silva need these players so they can function like we want them to. When we have the ball in the possessionof our back 4 Barry is always there wanting it, wanting to keep possession and this allows the opposition to be sucked in and space opening up in front of him to allow Silva and co to take up the ball and do their stuff. Personally id like him to bomb on a bit more when he has the opportunity. Especially like last night when your on cruise control and the game is already won.

grimsby blue said:
I have argued many times that City pass it better and keep possession better when GB plays. Not sure fans of many clubs realise that their flair players, in our case David Silva need these players so they can function like we want them to. When we have the ball in the possessionof our back 4 Barry is always there wanting it, wanting to keep possession and this allows the opposition to be sucked in and space opening up in front of him to allow Silva and co to take up the ball and do their stuff. Personally id like him to bomb on a bit more when he has the opportunity. Especially like last night when your on cruise control and the game is already won.
Considering his role in the team, and considering he is alongside Yaya in midfield, i think he gets forward more than enough. Look at last night, Aguero cuts inside and fakes to shoot, chipping the ball over their defence to.... Gareth Barry, our most advanced player.

You must bear in mind that Yaya does nothing defensively. Barry is always helping us to keep possession, but one of the most important things he must consider, to ensure the balance of our team, is "if they get a counter attack right now, am i in a good position to break it up?" Barry is the most tactically aware player in our entire squad.

Boro Blue said:
Currently the best English midfielder, without any doubt.
This. With Milner 2nd best. Really looking forward to seeing the Barry-Milner combo when Yaya goes the the African Cup. There's no doubt we'll miss Yaya, but i think Barry and Milner can be equally as good. I'm quite perplexed actually as to why Milner has not started as much recently, unless Bobby's saving him for January? Milner's been awesome this season.

Armaan said:
I know what you mean. Every non city fan will just say hes shit... Thing is these clowns probably only watch our games on match of the day... They dont watch city matches like we do, thats why. Sure Villa fans know how good he is

Quite the opposite. To this day their ear-steaming fury caused by our purchase of Barry and Milner still hasn't subsided. In their blinkered views many of them think the two of them have gone downhill.

Apparently when City go to Villa Park next the announcer will be playing The Jam's 'The Bitterest Pill I Ever Had To Swallow.'

Gave a perfect summation of himself post Stoke:

"Well, I just keep possession, cut off their chances then give it to the skilful players to create something"

A much harder job than people realise.

He's keeping NDJ out of the team which says everything about the way he's been playing recently. Been well impressed with him so far this season.

Damocles said:
Gave a perfect summation of himself post Stoke:

"Well, I just keep possession, cut off their chances then give it to the skilful players to create something"

A much harder job than people realise.

This sums up Barry's role, He keeps it simple and makes the other players look good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.