What does our squad need for the coming season?

Come on?! Doesn’t matter who leaves, they could all go… I’d never be dreading the curtain raiser to a new season, after a treble!! I can’t wait, and how can you be so defeatist knowing this club, under this ownership, to think we’ll be depleted with no plans.
Also, Laporte played so few minutes and is apparently being replaced by Gvardiol… Gundo and Bernie, if worst case and both leave, I’m sure we’ll add Kovacic and another. Mahrez, again we have others in his position and will no doubt replace him. Dreading a game? Fuck me, if you’re dreading a glorified friendly, designed to kick off a season and as a charity match, after a historic treble, then football isn’t for you.

Unpopular opinion: We should still get a "traditional" fullback like Theo Hernandez. 3-2-4-1 is cool but we need tactic flexibility. We need to be more unpredictable. A traditional fullback like Theo Hernandez can benefit a lot when we face 5 at the back. He can offer speed and cross. Although not an outstanding defender like Ake, Theo's defending skill is way above Cancelo or Zinny and he is a good character and willing to learn.

Let's get him. It will be too dangerous to let Real or other big teams to get him.

Luck. And plenty of it at the rate players are leaving. Gundog gone, and if reports are true about Bernie to Saudi, Riyadh to Saudi, Laporte to who knows where....

Dreading that CS game already...
Riyad has denied claims he is off. Bernardo is a toss up coz he hasn't denied anything. Which suggests he might. Walker is in talks with apparently us and Bayern, so that's a toss up too.

I've heard some sides are now playing with something called a 'left back'. Personally sounds made up to me, but if there's truth to the rumors maybe we could sign one of those?

I've heard some sides are now playing with something called a 'left back'. Personally sounds made up to me, but if there's truth to the rumors maybe we could sign one of those?
Never heard of it tbh but I’m sure there was an imposter from France who came over once think he liked the ladies abit too much

___________Ederson____________

Stones____Dias_______Ake

____Rodri____Kovacic____

Foden_KDB__Mcatee__Grealish

_______Haaland______

Not sure if we need anyone

If this was fantasy football, I’d sell Laporte, Cancelo and Mahrez to Saudi, for over the odds.

I’d bring in Gvardiol, Kimmich and Jamal Musiala and I’d bring back Taylor Harwood-Bellis and James McAtee from loan.

___________Ederson____________

Stones____Dias_______Ake

____Rodri____Kovacic____

Foden_KDB__Mcatee__Grealish

_______Haaland______

Not sure if we need anyone
Always think that when we predict such teams that we need to see the bench as well. Similarly, we need to imagine that a key player might get injured. In this particular scenario, we don't have to imagine too hard, as we know de Bruyne is already injured and probably will be again at some point. Take him out of that team and its midfield looks physically light and inexperienced, and no amount of rejigging other positions or adding Phillips/Alvarez will change that.

That is why I reckon we'll still look to buy someone from within England who already has experience of the league and 2-3 high-potential youngsters that can rotate with McAtee/Foden/Grealish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.