What does our squad need for the coming season?

I think it's gonna be a big job over the next few windows, to be honest.

Getting on a bit:
Gundogan - 33 in October
Walker - 33
Mahrez - 32
KDB - 32 this month

Want to leave:
Bernardo - 28
Laporte - 29
Cancelo - 29

Not proven:
Phillips - 27
Gomez - 22

That's over a third of our squad. And obviously they won't all need replacing this summer, but there's definitely a lot to do.

The squad planning now should be done with one eye when Guardiola might leave, assuming that to be summer 2025. As such, we should be identifying young talents that he can successfully mould over the next two years, so that should he choose to leave, then the inevitable disruption can be minimised on the pitch.
Pep cannot be allowed to leave.

Pep cannot be allowed to leave.
Are you suggesting we tape him up and keep him hostage? I'll see if I have any 'gaffer' tape...

More seriously, with his wife and children growing up and elsewhere, and the demands of the job so consuming, I'd be more concerned for him if he were to leave. Guess a genius has to be treated differently.

Hey, what about this Romeo Lavia buy-back option, then? Saints fans are absolutely adamant that he was easily their best player — their one good player, in fact — and it's the first time I've seen fans on a forum saying a player should leave, because he's far too good for the level they'll be playing at. Furthermore, if they had a choice, it would be back to us. To get coached by the best coach in the world.
There's some rumour of Chelsea being interested, apparently. Which, to be fair, would allow Saints to rinse Boehly, since that seems to be mainly what his purpose is.
He plays defensive midfield, but can double in central defence. What's not to like?

Hey, what about this Romeo Lavia buy-back option, then? Saints fans are absolutely adamant that he was easily their best player — their one good player, in fact — and it's the first time I've seen fans on a forum saying a player should leave, because he's far too good for the level they'll be playing at. Furthermore, if they had a choice, it would be back to us. To get coached by the best coach in the world.
There's some rumour of Chelsea being interested, apparently. Which, to be fair, would allow Saints to rinse Boehly, since that seems to be mainly what his purpose is.
He plays defensive midfield, but can double in central defence. What's not to like?
We don’t have a buy back until next summer. We do have a match any bid and sell on clause (20%?) currently though.

The squad planning now should be done with one eye when Guardiola might leave, assuming that to be summer 2025. As such, we should be identifying young talents that he can successfully mould over the next two years, so that should he choose to leave, then the inevitable disruption can be minimised on the pitch.
I love this statement so much I would hope someone would send this to Txiki or anyone with power over our business

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.