What does our squad need for the coming season?

Well, we have to plan like these are the final 2 years for Pep. So very young and talented players to come in and grow into the team.

Target young players ( to take over from our greats). So Under 23 primarily.

To that end
Gvardiol - Laporte
Le Fee - Gundogan-
Slobozslai Debruyne
Simone - Mahrez
Lewis - Walker
Kovacic - Bernardo (Transition player)

Some are already here. But they all don't have to be brought in this summer. But over the next 3 windows, these are the types of guys I'd want brought in to replace the mostly 30 something year old legends at the end of their run.

For this summer, I'd focus on bringing in Slobozslai, Gvardiol and Kovacic. And then go from there.

Well, we have to plan like these are the final 2 years for Pep. So very young and talented players to come in and grow into the team.

To that end
Gvardiol - Laporte
Le Fee - Gundogan-
Slobozslai Debruyne
Simone - Mahrez
Lewis - Walker

Some are already here. But they all don't have to be brought in this summer. But over the next 3 windows, these are the types of guys I'd want brought in to replace the mostly 30 something year old legends at the end of their run.

For this summer, I'd focus on bringing in Slobozslai, Gvardiol and Kovacic. And then go from there.
Not sure who is Simone. But I like Muhammad Kudus a lot as Mahrez replacement.

A left back is one position we do need. It's never really been filled for years because Pep has used it for a experiment on keeping players happy when opportunities aren't there.

A central Midfielder will help fill the gap if Gundogan decides to leave.

Also maybe convert John Stones as a defensive midfielder and maybe train Kalvin Phillips as a centre back. It could work having Stones and Rodri partnering together.

To that end
Gvardiol - Laporte
Le Fee - Gundogan-
Slobozslai Debruyne
Simone - Mahrez
Lewis - Walker

Agree with the rationale but not heard of some of these players

What we need is pace upfront and in the middle, so left wing Kolo Muani, big fast not bad skill and good in front of net, central midfield, Khephren Thuram, big fast decent carrying the ball very good at tackling,right wing Nico Williams fast tricky still learning., and 1 major signing Alphonso Davis, Bayern do seem to be in disarray at the moment, and Real are reported to have put in a bid £100 million, that would make my summer after losing out on Bellingham.

I reckon we only need Gvardiol because apparently we need at least CBs starting everytime, and Kovacic to cover for either Gundogan and Bernardo. But if it were me, I'd rather we boil some piss and spend the prize money on Wirtz, De Jong and Davies.

To that end
Gvardiol - Laporte
Le Fee - Gundogan-
Slobozslai Debruyne
Simone - Mahrez
Lewis - Walker

i insist on checking Bilal El Khannouss from Genk, he is very talented and can be the next KdB.

i would change that to
Gvardiol - Laporte
Le Fee - Gundogan-
Slobozslai - Mahrez
El Khannouss- Kdb
Lewis - Walker

i insist on checking Bilal El Khannouss from Genk, he is very talented and can be the next KdB.

i would change that to
Gvardiol - Laporte
Le Fee - Gundogan-
Slobozslai - Mahrez
El Khannouss- Kdb
Lewis - Walker
Fair enough. Most of the players I mentioned are just placeholders of talented young players. If El Khanoouss fits that bill. Great. I'm all for it ;)

Apparently, we are linked to him.too. so that's a good look.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.