What famous fans do we have?

I don’t think Rick Wakeman is that attached to City.

This is an email he sent to The Griffin Park Grapevine about his loyalties. It opens with a response to a question that he was now that he was a City fan.

Hi Trevor.................................interesting comment re Maine Road .......a typical situation where people assume without asking !!!.........Simple fact is that I was living on the Isle of Man and played celebrity golf with Howard Kendall who invited my youngest boy Oscar to a game so we came over on the ferry and went . Oscar became hooked ...and still is ...and I was invited as a regular guest in order to take Oscar . I did build up an affiliation for the club and Oscar stuck with them even after the humiliating 2-1 defeat at York City when they were in the 3rd division.

Brentford have always been my club and have always said so , but as I love football , I always went to as many matches as I could ......so Man City were close to the Isle of Man and with Howard being a friend and Oscar being fanatical , I saw many games there and made friends with many people there. When I moved to East Anglia and initially closest to Norwich , I have seen a few games there and now I'm in Suffolk , trot along to Ipswich when I can too . ...... and if supporters are allowed I will be at the Norwich v Brentford game on the 3rd of March ........;which will be a massive top of the table clash

I still have a soft spot for some other clubs such as Ipswich , Man City (although never quite the same since leaving Maine Road) , Mansfield Town (that was where my wife was born) , and Plymouth (where she was brought up) and Portsmouth (where the Wakeman family come from) , but there's only one Brentford , and always will be ......

cheers...............Rick

ps ....please feel free to share anything .....although I would never want to open up a can of worms !”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.