What got you supporting City?

Saw them against Chelsea on the TV in the 02/03 season. Loved the kits.
I was 5/6 year old kid at the time from Norway. My father was a Liverpool fan

blue underpants said:
stockportblue09 said:
tangaroa said:
Couldn't have put it better myself.

calling them scum mate for picking a team?well,i am really surprised how many of you say you were surrounded by ragtards but some of you keep saying there are no ragtards in manchester ,its as bad as they lying 20000 empty seats at our temple. no wonder they call us obsessed
I have a particular reason for calling them scum, being born and brought up in Salford you were surrounded by them every day, as a schoolkid you were bullied and harrased by them every day.
I dont just mean verbal, i was kicked , punched and generally had the shit kicked out of me mosy days at school because i wouldnt bow down to them, this continued at night in youth clubs which i had to stop going to in the end as it got that violent
The worst was when i left school and went to a derby at the swamp, after the game i was grabbed by three Salford scum, two held me while the other belted me in the mouth with a knuckleduster on knocking out my front teeth and giving me 9 stitches on my lips the purple scars i still have today.
In the end i had to leave Salford as i was becoming a marked man, i literally couldnt go anywhere, that is why i call them scum and have a hatred of them to this day even though im in my 50s now

You Sir have my respect.

Brought up in Stretford I took to City because my mums family originated from Denton and Hyde and were all blues.
My Grandad had 4 sons and they all followed City everywhere in the 50's, 60's and 70's.
When, as a young child we went to Gran and Grandads for Sunday lunch each week, I would spend hours listening to Grandad tell stories about following City and looking through hundreds of programmes, some of which I still have today.
Living in Stretford gave me even more incentive to follow City and in 1974/5 I made my first pilgrimage to Maine Road, hooked for life.....38 years later it's all payed off............!

I don't ever remember having a choice, I just WAS a Blue ! I'm from a long line of Blues on my Mums side, Grandad was from Bradford Mcr and then Wythenshawe, 5 Uncles all Blues aswell. Dabz who posts on here is my Uncle and is only a few years older than me used to hand-me-down the kits he grew out of :) ta Dabz
My Dad was originally brought up in Hulme and his Uncle signed for City and my old man used to carry his boots to the ground for him. I was taken by different family members to the games but started going with a mate from school to stand on the Kippax (well sit on the wall halfway down really), it was an adventure being 10 and getting the 108 from Timperley before dodging dog shit through the alleyways before seeing the floodlights of Maine Rd. All 3 of my kids are Blues so I've passed the baton on to the next generation :) CTID

Edin Dzeko.

Never ever followed English football prior to Edin Dzekos arrival to Man City. I have now fallen in love with the club. Even when Dzekos leaves City i will be supporting the Blues with all my heart.

My old man has always been a blue so like people have said... I didn't really have a choice in the matter. He took me to see City V Charlton Athletic in 2000 at Maine Road, and even though we lost 1-4 I loved every second of it. Aaaaahh the good old days. Call me mad but sometimes I wish we were poor again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.