What got you supporting City?

Well back in 2010 my TV provider finally started carrying fox soccer which always premier league games. At that time i was never exposed to any international football except for the World Cup. The first thing I saw was City vs Blackpool and in an instant i was hypnotized by Silva's play and how the whole team worked. Before I knew it i was obsessed with how incredible the fans were and how being an American i couldn't compare it to anything else going on over here. Now if some want to call me a "Fake fan" or "Glory hunter" they can, but i was 15 at the time and had no idea who any other team was as well. All i know is im CTID, and I will never stop supporting this team or take back the manly tears i shed on 5/13/12 at 93:20.

reading through this thread got me thinking, was it the old Talking City board that used to have a tradition of people explaining "why blue" for their 1000th post or something like that?

21MCFC21 said:
Well back in 2010 my TV provider finally started carrying fox soccer which always premier league games. At that time i was never exposed to any international football except for the World Cup. The first thing I saw was City vs Blackpool and in an instant i was hypnotized by Silva's play and how the whole team worked. Before I knew it i was obsessed with how incredible the fans were and how being an American i couldn't compare it to anything else going on over here. Now if some want to call me a "Fake fan" or "Glory hunter" they can, but i was 15 at the time and had no idea who any other team was as well. All i know is im CTID, and I will never stop supporting this team or take back the manly tears i shed on 5/13/12 at 93:20.

Amen to that Brother.

Dad hated the rags but only went to the odd City game. Auntie & Uncle big blues so took me to my first game age 5 in 1967. Platt Lane benches with a few away fans dotted about. Collected tokens from the program to stick on your voucher sheet ( still got mine....full of vouchers from 67/68 ). Season ticket since 68/69. Went to games with two Aunties, two Uncles and Grandad ( 92 bus then the 53 bus ). First away was Huddersfield in 68/69....I remember a blue throwing his crutches onto the pitch at Huddersfield 68/69 protesting at a poor refereeing decision against the blues ( so whats new! ).
Went to loads and loads of aways with my two brothers in the 80's. West Brom inflatable fight still the most memorable. Literally risked your life at many away games in those days at Scouseland, the Swamp, Leeds and the North East. Got two sons and took them both before they could walk. They're 15 and 17 now and we have had our rewards these last two seasons....especially the 6.1 and Newcastle away days. QPR home still a blur...lit a fag in my seat at 90 mins and shouted to a steward to try and throw me out. We equalised and me and the steward in a stand off till Sergio scored! I could go on and on ( just realised I have! ). So 4 generations of big blues. Wouldn't swap a minute ( even the bad times....masochistic or what! ) and now "drinking it in". Thanks Auntie & Uncle. Thanks City. Thanks fellow blues for making the roller coaster ride enjoyable. CTID.

sergiokun said:
My dad, I had no choice. took me to Maine road as a kid and never looked back, after taking me Wembley in 99 that was it hooked for life…. Thanks dad
Exactly this.

My Dad when I was 5. He tells me I told him one day that I wanted to be Ryan Giggs when I grew up and he took control from there, thank god.

Dad supported City. Two younger brothers, one the scum, the other Leeds. Up til first year of secondary school I hated footy being instead obsessed with fishing. First day at secondary school I was approached by three older guys wearing footie scarves. Two were Villa the other was scum. They asked me who I supported and I guess the rebel in me said City.
They laughed and told me to fuck off. I told em I belonged to the hardest family at school and they said they were only messing. Went home told Dad I now support City and asked him to take me to watch em for my 12 birthday.
To tell the truth it's been a real hard labor of love but, my God, it's been worth EVERY heartache!
Awesome to be BLUE.
Weired but I really do hate red!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.