What Happened to Manchester City's Maine Road

We always drank in the Junction until I moved to Birmingham in 1977. The landlord was a right miserable git but he kept a good pint.

One of my pals was involved in theatrical education and would often bring high profile people to the Junction with him. One time Paula Wilcox, who was a big TV star at the time, came along. The landlady, a bit worse for the wear through drinking, picked up on this and burst into the bar shouting "Where's this Waula Pilcox, then?"

The landlord back in the mid 80s when i was a kid was john holt (coincidence as was, is a holts house) and his wife carol was a roaring piss head.

My dad always said it was the sort of pub where a youd walk in the pub and youd see such a mixture of people, solicitors, train drivers, villains, butchers and snooker world chanpions (guess who. Well 2 actually).

Big city pub in its day

Lord Lion. Sat on the step before the social club waiting for my Dad. Great watching the City steam into United on Claremont Road on derby day. A true education.

That's the picture, its spooky how close they came with that! Out of interest can you tell me what match programme was this in(or was it in a few)?

I got that off the internet but I do have the program knocking around. It might take me a while to find though. I think it may have been West Brom but I am not sure.

I got that off the internet but I do have the program knocking around. It might take me a while to find though. I think it may have been West Brom but I am not sure.

Back of the net

b8d57b3bbb76676f858f73f1db2b0eaf.jpg

88fe38bef138255f11b896a544e6c15d.jpg

98d855748142c83b96407e8138739701.jpg

And here are the teams

d1fb136c0fbe5db435fab06dbeff83b3.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.