What Happened to Manchester City's Maine Road

I have some photos I took on the last day, if I get time I will try to upload ( may need some advice on that) Through my time I sat/ stood in every permanent stand, In the end my seat in the Kippax was just in front of Ricky Hatton box, it’s now in bits in my garage waiting for my next house move, bit random, but just found some photos of Hamburg away under Keegan as well,
Did the Hamburg trip, great novelty to play a European away. Remember some Hamburg fans asking if we had any players they would know, named most of the team and was greeted with blank looks.

Happy memories. Its a shame that a little more hasn't been made of what used to stand there. I've seen the centre circle part, but is the rest of the grass really from the pitch?
They’ve given all the roads on the estate City related names. Trautmann street, Blue Moon Way etc.

Personally I don’t think they could/should’ve done much more.

I think the area has been nicely done. For affordable housing in a difficult area it really is a nice little estate that seems to be well maintained.

They’ve given all the roads on the estate City related names. Trautmann street, Blue Moon Way etc.

Personally I don’t think they could/should’ve done much more.

I think the area has been nicely done. For affordable housing in a difficult area it really is a nice little estate that seems to be well maintained.

I can't disagree with your reasoning

Don't remember it ever workin
My dad got us season tickets in the north stand when the seats went in & that scoreboard was a real joke, start of every new season we used to think it would be fixed but I dont think it ever was, it took real skill at times to work out what the message was supposed to be there was that many bulbs out :-)

My dad got us season tickets in the north stand when the seats went in & that scoreboard was a real joke, start of every new season we used to think it would be fixed but I dont think it ever was, it took real skill at times to work out what the message was supposed to be there was that many bulbs out :-)
I worked with a system in the past not too too dissimilar to this and the issue when lights burnt out is that the power not being drawn to them boosts the other bulbs power.... so the more you lose the worse it gets, not sure if it applied here but I don't remember it working often!!!!

Call what you want no skin off my nose I've told you what I know
Just one comment re you downsizing; Of course it was downsizing, doesnt take an expert in construction to know, seats means less than standing. Within the constraints of the site the new Kippax as as large as possible and when opened the highest stand in the country in fact residents on Kippax Street could get Tv and the club had to put in relays
The New Kippax stand may have massive but it didn’t hold that many people. That was the same issue with the Platt Lane rebuild. All is down to bad design.

The stand held around 10,000. I think that the top tier had two rows of seats. The outcome is that City has to build an exposed open stand to pack a few more in and push the capacity up to 33,000.

In many ways it was a good thing that Swales made such an arse of the stadium as it helped convince the supporters that a move was not only desirable but essential when the COMS became available.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.