What happened with Rio? (merged)

Re: What happened with Rio?

ChrisNUFC said:
Well, you support Newcastle so you're sure to have issues :-) Gonna be at the match on Saturday ?

Ha Ha Touche ;)

Yeah i shall be there Saturday to witness the backlash first hand :(

Oh and I hope you do :-) No coins mind !!

Looking forward to coming up to your fantastic stadium again. My fave away day of the season.

Danielmanc said:
ChrisNUFC said:
Well, you support Newcastle so you're sure to have issues :-) Gonna be at the match on Saturday ?

Ha Ha Touche ;)

Yeah i shall be there Saturday to witness the backlash first hand :(

Oh and I hope you do :-) No coins mind !!

Looking forward to coming up to your fantastic stadium again. My fave away day of the season.

Don't worry we are more frugal with our money ;)

Hope we all enjoy the game and have a safe trip there and back.

Re: Ferdinand

JM Mcr said:
liamctid said:
JM Mcr said:
Incitement is no defence at all. Players should be able to celebrate without fear of being hit with objects from the crowd (incidentally, is trying to take a corner an act of incitement now as well?).

And what about us as supporters? Is it alright for someone to lob a coin or seat at us just because we incited them by celebrating (or sometimes by our mere presence)?

In my opinion the incitement argument is just an excuse for a lack of self control - we should all be big enough to accept responsibility for our actions.

I'm not trying to excuse it or say it's acceptable, but after the Chelsea fans lobbing a chair on the pitch 6 weeks ago when half the team ran up to the MH stand, you would have thought the United players would have known that something could happen.
In the euphoria of a last minute winner you wouldn't even stop to think about it - as fans we've all experienced that feeling, why should players be denied it.

When we scored 3 last minute winners at your place last year our lads looked only at our own fans. Even when Bellamy scored a last minute (or not) equaliser, he was only looking at our fans. I stand in 117 at our ground and Ashley Young (amongst others) went out his way to celebrate in front of City first.

Dubai Blue said:
ChrisNUFC said:
I just can't help laughing when i see the clip.
What's happened has happened, so for people to sit wringing their hands from upon a moral high horse really achieves nothing at all.

I'm with you Chris; it would have been preferable for it not to have happened, but now that it has I can certainly see the funny side of it.
The sight of Ferdinand with his face covered in blood was not funny. I'd have thought that would be the overwhelming feeling from any football fan on or off any moral high horse

Marvin said:
Dubai Blue said:
ChrisNUFC said:
What's happened has happened, so for people to sit wringing their hands from upon a moral high horse really achieves nothing at all.

I'm with you Chris; it would have been preferable for it not to have happened, but now that it has I can certainly see the funny side of it.
The sight of Ferdinand with his face covered in blood was not funny. I'd have thought that would be the overwhelming feeling from any football fan on or off any moral high horse

Perhaps.

However play some music over that and a Harry Hill voice over and you have got a TV show.

In all seriousness though seems this is something of an emotive topic and if my views have offended anyone then i apologise.

Marvin said:
The sight of Ferdinand with his face covered in blood was not funny.
You're right, it wasn't. But the sight of him being suddenly stopped in his tracks while gobbing off and goading City fans was.

People shouldn't be throwing anything at footballers but it's an unfortunate occupational hazard. Ferdinand and Rooney were taught a valuable life lesson yesterday that you're probably better off just celebrating with your own teammates/supporters and leaving the opposition well alone.

Re: Ferdinand

JM Mcr said:
SWP's back said:
The cookie monster said:
The dirty rag is doing a lot of shit stirring on several threads
Yep, he's a typical rag ****.

Glib little **** was not so cock sure back in May and shouldn't be today. They were second best all over yesterday but took their very few chances. It's the sort of win we used to manage when we were shit and they were great.
Voicing an opinion is now shit stirring n bring a glib little **** is it?

Incidentally;

mis·sile /ˈmisəl/

Noun 1. An object that is forcibly propelled at a target, by hand or mechanically

Thanks for the clarification on this matter. I think that the picture of a weapon missile was probably for some lighthearted humour. Your definition might also be in the interests of humour but it's difficult to tell.<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:01 pm --<br /><br />
liamctid said:
JM Mcr said:
liamctid said:
I'm not trying to excuse it or say it's acceptable, but after the Chelsea fans lobbing a chair on the pitch 6 weeks ago when half the team ran up to the MH stand, you would have thought the United players would have known that something could happen.
In the euphoria of a last minute winner you wouldn't even stop to think about it - as fans we've all experienced that feeling, why should players be denied it.

When we scored 3 last minute winners at your place last year our lads looked only at our own fans. Even when Bellamy scored a last minute (or not) equaliser, he was only looking at our fans. I stand in 117 at our ground and Ashley Young (amongst others) went out his way to celebrate in front of City first.

At least he stayed on his fucking feet for once.

Marvin said:
Dubai Blue said:
ChrisNUFC said:

Must admit, in general life when most people (myself included) see a cocky, loud mouth twat who loves to think of himself as 'cool' takes a fall then most people see (and like) the funny side of it eventually, so I don't really see why this should be any different, the fact Ferdinand himself is making jokes about it says quite a bit for me.

Dubai Blue said:
Marvin said:
The sight of Ferdinand with his face covered in blood was not funny.
You're right, it wasn't. But the sight of him being suddenly stopped in his tracks while gobbing off and goading City fans was.

People shouldn't be throwing anything at footballers but it's an unfortunate occupational hazard. Ferdinand learnt a valuable life lesson yesterday that you're probably better off just celebrating with your own teammates/supporters and leaving the opposition well alone.
Agreed although from what's been said it was Rooney who went over to the City end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.