What happened with Rio? (merged)

Matty said:
People, especially United fans, and the media, seem to feel they can dictate how I and other City fans feel about Ferdinand being hit by a flying coin. Well, they can't. Apparently I'm supposed to be outraged, disgusted, by it. Well, guess what, I'm not. What happened was a bloke who wasn't me threw a coin and hit a bloke who I think is a dick in the head. I really couldn't care less. Should it have happened? No. Did it happen? Yes. Get over it. It's not symptomatic of anything other than a handful of drunken idiots reacting to an emotional match incident and some antagonisation by certain players. All this talk of putting netting up is utter, utter bollocks. It's like City fans are the first people to ever throw things at players, we're not. Remember the Adebayor incident? The Arsenal fans lauched all sorts of stuff at him. Is it ok because they threw like Abu Hamza and missed him by miles? Should City be punished because someone happened to fluke it and actually hit one of the players? What about Bellamy at Old Trafford? He was hit by a coin. Where was the outrage then? Where was the PFA Chairman frothing at the mouth in indignation? It was an unsavoury incident, but that's about it, if the media stopped talking about it then it'd be forgotten in about a day. Move. The Fuck. On.

+1

Looking at the media you'd think world war three had erupted!I was at the game and it was pretty tame as derbies go until the last few minutes.Get this....THIRTEEN arrests out of nearly FORTY EIGHT THOUSAND at the match!

Some coin lobbing[By both sets of fans] and ONE drunken kid runs on the pitch and makes a tool of himself,shock horror! They can't find the coin thrower yet,maybe as someone has mentioned before they are looking at the wrong video section footage and it was a stray one from the rag end? Now i am not condoning coin lobbing,i think it is cowardly and stupid in the extreme,it is random and can hit anyone,so i hope it stops.For it to have been thrown from the blue end the thrower must have had some throw on him to hit Ferdinand....unless he was celebrating in front of the City fans maybe?

The rag players part in all this has been glossed over yet again.No mention of Rooney celebrating and goading fans for his goals at the City end,Jones miles away from the rag fans giving it to City fans,Wellbeck giving it the ''Come on then'' at City fans after Persie's goal.Don't forget they have been warned TWICE before about goading opposition fans,so where is the FA outrage about that?

If we are having an enquiry let's have ALL the facts,not just selective bits of it.

Rewind to a derby match where I remember being in the corner of the North Stand at Maine Road when Beckham came over to take a corner and every fucker was launching coins at him. I thought it was funny and agreed although I hadn't thrown one. Fuck him he was a rag. Then I got home, calmed down and thought fuck me how stupid was I to think like that as all he was doing was his job and he wasn't goading or taunting us.

Fast Forward to 2012 and yesterdays derby and I thought Rooney was a shithouse of a man after scoring his first goal and running towards the East stand but I thought live with it its only banter. However what he and other United players got involved in after the third goal I thought fuck the lot of them and they got what they deserved. 30 hours later and I still feel the same way. By all means go and celebrate with your fans and all you'll get is the obligatory verbal abuse but don't act the hard man and not expect a retaliation. Fuck you Ferdinand and Fuck you Rooney.

Sorry about my memory but at the swamp Craig Belamy was hit on the head with a coin at a corner , approx 2 years ago .

My understanding no action to the rags and dissmissed in court .

Would not be the biggest surprise in my life if it was a rag who throw the coin on Sunday .

Just a thought !!

Blue2112 said:
Rewind to a derby match where I remember being in the corner of the North Stand at Maine Road when Beckham came over to take a corner and every fucker was launching coins at him. I thought it was funny and agreed although I hadn't thrown one. Fuck him he was a rag. Then I got home, calmed down and thought fuck me how stupid was I to think like that as all he was doing was his job and he wasn't goading or taunting us.

Fast Forward to 2012 and yesterdays derby and I thought Rooney was a shithouse of a man after scoring his first goal and running towards the East stand but I thought live with it its only banter. However what he and other United players got involved in after the third goal I thought fuck the lot of them and they got what they deserved. 30 hours later and I still feel the same way. By all means go and celebrate with your fans and all you'll get is the obligatory verbal abuse but don't act the hard man and not expect a retaliation. Fuck you Ferdinand and Fuck you Rooney.

My lighter made it's tv appearance that day. I took it out of my pocket to clean and it just slipped out of my hand.

shit happens

Train said:
Matty said:
People, especially United fans, and the media, seem to feel they can dictate how I and other City fans feel about Ferdinand being hit by a flying coin. Well, they can't. Apparently I'm supposed to be outraged, disgusted, by it. Well, guess what, I'm not. What happened was a bloke who wasn't me threw a coin and hit a bloke who I think is a dick in the head. I really couldn't care less. Should it have happened? No. Did it happen? Yes. Get over it. It's not symptomatic of anything other than a handful of drunken idiots reacting to an emotional match incident and some antagonisation by certain players. All this talk of putting netting up is utter, utter bollocks. It's like City fans are the first people to ever throw things at players, we're not. Remember the Adebayor incident? The Arsenal fans lauched all sorts of stuff at him. Is it ok because they threw like Abu Hamza and missed him by miles? Should City be punished because someone happened to fluke it and actually hit one of the players? What about Bellamy at Old Trafford? He was hit by a coin. Where was the outrage then? Where was the PFA Chairman frothing at the mouth in indignation? It was an unsavoury incident, but that's about it, if the media stopped talking about it then it'd be forgotten in about a day. Move. The Fuck. On.

+1
+2

I've got a solution. If the FA won't stop players winding up the crowd in a heated match like Sundays, (and I don't want to become embroiled in a Crerand-esque rant about nothing in particular) then they should issue something less harmful which can be thrown on to the pitch to enable fans to vent their anger. How about furry dice?

EddieR said:
I've got a solution. If the FA won't stop players winding up the crowd in a heated match like Sundays, (and I don't want to become embroiled in a Crerand-esque rant about nothing in particular) then they should issue something less harmful which can be thrown on to the pitch to enable fans to vent their anger. How about furry dice?

What about chocolate coins? Then, the fan can still have that "throwing a coin" fun but without the facial injury to the player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.