What happens when you die?

pee dubya said:
mammutly said:
The certainty of some religous people is equally misplaced.

Complete belief in a heavenly afterlife has allowed people to do some terrible things. The point you raise is a good one - some people are so certain of heaven, they see no point in themselves (or other people) needing to live any longer. Suicide bombers being the prime example.

Why only some?

In my experience, the majority of people who have faith in God also have active doubts and questions. Reflection is part of the deal Very few have certain beliefs.

Of course their are religous fundamentalists - and many of them scare me - but there are lot of people who believe in God who are much more open to alternative ideas.

Take this thread as an example. We have many non religous people stating unequivocally that death is the end, that's it, there is no more, over! No question, no and no doubt.

That's why I say that, on the whole, non religous people are more certain than religous people about these things. I think certainty about questions like 'what happens after death?' is misplaced.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
nobody knows, for all we know if we do good we could end up in the BM of the afterlife and if you do bad then you end up locked in a room with Ragnarok, BB2 and all the other users banned for WUMming on here...

is ragnarok banned then?

yeeeees<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:27 pm --<br /><br />ask damocles, he will know for sure.

not being sarky by the way

slicky202 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
nobody knows, for all we know if we do good we could end up in the BM of the afterlife and if you do bad then you end up locked in a room with Ragnarok, BB2 and all the other users banned for WUMming on here...

is ragnarok banned then?

yeeeees

-- Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:27 pm --

ask damocles, he will know for sure.

not being sarky by the way

i wasn't sure so kept him seperate :D

aphex said:
BulgarianPride said:
I have no idea what your point is. Why would a spirit be made of ordinary matter? Do you know or have any evidence of this? I don't. Saying that a soul does not exist because there is no evidence is just as ignorant as saying that it does exist based on no evidence.

What separates living organism from rocks for example? What makes us alive? How do these organic chemicals form to make all living organisms separate from the non living, dust, rocks, metals and so on. I find that question rather more interesting that what happens when we die.

As for an after life, i don't know. Nobody does.
But i know that the information of our existence is never lost.

you are suggesting that it could be made of an unknown matter.. that IS as absurd as my theory though, isn't it?

again, non of us have evidence - we just have an opinion. the only reason we are never lost is because of other humans keeping our memory alive

unless you are speaking of information being 'recorded' into the land (as in ghosts haunting places of death) then that is absurd..

I am not suggesting that a soul would be made of 'unknown matter'. Why does it need to be made of matter in the first place? There is simply too much we don't know.

I haven't said anything about ghosts.

You go to bluewatch lol

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluewatchmcfc.co.uk/forumbw/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluewatchmcfc.co.uk/forumbw/index.php</a>

BulgarianPride said:
aphex said:
the argument for life after death is answered simply like this:

there is a set number of atoms in the universe, extra ones will not be created to sustain a 'spirit' as that would upset the balance

and for anyone who wishes to argue that the atoms exist now, only have to look at the universe before life 'began'

it's sounds all very romantic, but we are all made from spacedust

awwww.

I have no idea what your point is. Why would a spirit be made of ordinary matter? Do you know or have any evidence of this? I don't. Saying that a soul does not exist because there is no evidence is just as ignorant as saying that it does exist based on no evidence.

What separates living organism from rocks for example? What makes us alive? How do these organic chemicals form to make all living organisms separate from the non living, dust, rocks, metals and so on. I find that question rather more interesting that what happens when we die.

As for an after life, i don't know. Nobody does.
But i know that the information of our existence is never lost.

In what way?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.