What happens when you die?

the argument for life after death is answered simply like this:

there is a set number of atoms in the universe, extra ones will not be created to sustain a 'spirit' as that would upset the balance

and for anyone who wishes to argue that the atoms exist now, only have to look at the universe before life 'began'

it's sounds all very romantic, but we are all made from spacedust

awwww.

aphex said:

there is a set number of atoms in the universe, extra ones will not be created to sustain a 'spirit' as that would upset the balance

and for anyone who wishes to argue that the atoms exist now, only have to look at the universe before life 'began'

awwww.
Put that on every 10 year olds birthday card.

End the religion delusion nice and early and then everyone should be able to do something useful in life, like find out why we still bite our own tongue's.

The one thing that is certain is that no one knows for sure. It's just opinion. I know for sure that I have no memory from before I was born. My memory, and what is "me" was built during my lifetime. I believe that when my life is over, that's the end. Just like in the year 1066, or 1495, or 1915 - I will once again be nothing.

Aah, what a relief.

Bluemoon115 said:
aphex said:

awwww.
Put that on every 10 year olds birthday card.

End the religion delusion nice and early and then everyone should be able to do something useful in life, like find out why we still bite our own tongue's.

i might start my own self-depreciating card business

what a great idea, ta.. :)

mcfcliam said:
Horrible thread...so unnerving thinking that once you've died, that's it.

Exactly mate, but it's a strange topic. Also knowing that when you die you will probably never see friends or family ever again. It's saddening if you think about it

aphex said:

awwww.

I have no idea what your point is. Why would a spirit be made of ordinary matter? Do you know or have any evidence of this? I don't. Saying that a soul does not exist because there is no evidence is just as ignorant as saying that it does exist based on no evidence.

What separates living organism from rocks for example? What makes us alive? How do these organic chemicals form to make all living organisms separate from the non living, dust, rocks, metals and so on. I find that question rather more interesting that what happens when we die.

As for an after life, i don't know. Nobody does.
But i know that the information of our existence is never lost.

mancityscot said:
mcfcliam said:

Exactly mate, but it's a strange topic. Also knowing that when you die you will probably never see friends or family ever again. It's saddening if you think about it

the very reason why you should make the best of it while you are here

mancityscot said:
mcfcliam said:

well you two are in for a miserable existence i'm afraid, cos there's nowt surer than death.

BulgarianPride said:
aphex said:

awwww.

I have no idea what your point is. Why would a spirit be made of ordinary matter? Do you know or have any evidence of this? I don't. Saying that a soul does not exist because there is no evidence is just as ignorant as saying that it does exist based on no evidence.

What separates living organism from rocks for example? What makes us alive? How do these organic chemicals form to make all living organisms separate from the non living, dust, rocks, metals and so on. I find that question rather more interesting that what happens when we die.

As for an after life, i don't know. Nobody does.
But i know that the information of our existence is never lost.

you are suggesting that it could be made of an unknown matter.. that IS as absurd as my theory though, isn't it?

again, non of us have evidence - we just have an opinion. the only reason we are never lost is because of other humans keeping our memory alive

unless you are speaking of information being 'recorded' into the land (as in ghosts haunting places of death) then that is absurd..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.