What has been your worst moment following our club?

I feel bad saying this, but it only reflects the club we are now. I rarely reminisce to when we were crap.

It has to be the Champions League final. Like many I had the life sucked out of me when that team selection was announced. It was ours for the taking, and would have rounded off one hell of a season and given Serge the ultimate send off.

I’ll never understand why he did that or forgive him for it, if you excuse the drama of that phrase.

A random one but It was a gut wrencher when Blackburn beat us in the FA Cup quarter final. I so desperately wanted a Wembley trip after years without one

Relegation against Luton, seeing David Pleat dancing on our pitch,

1983 Brighton away fa cup lost the match then the manager! Lol long trip that was!

It was the Wembley replay 1981 until the Porto final, European Cup there for the taking and a medal for Sergio too but he buggered it up.

Weirdly given the other more obvious let downs had more impact, it was the rags beating us 5-0 in 94. I was at uni, surrounded by rags from Gloucester, Sussex etc & they were in my face screaming about the 5-1 being wiped out. I remember it feeling a very dark moment as a blue because it also felt like they were going on a big run.

OWEN'S Last min winner at the swamp still hurts.
The VAR decision against SPURS in champions league was painful. But not as much the the copper on his horse and his truncheon at maine road again against spurs in the cup (still got the dent in my head) CTID

Impossible to separate Luton, the play-off final between 70-88 minutes and Porto.
Though my mate would always, without any equivocation whatsoever, insist it would be Paul Walsh plus cash for Gerry fucking Creaney

I probably posted it back when the thread originated, but Gillingham’s second goal was also my low point and the only time I ever considered stopping attending matches.

Being in Porto was up there too. I was so keyed up for that one and had gone through so much hassle to get there it was a massive kick in the teeth.

I think we have the capability to get back there some time soon. Fingers crossed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.