What has been your worst moment following our club?

Seems so trivial now but I was 11 and we lost 0-3 at home to Liverpool in 1975-76 season - just couldn't understand us getting walloped so badly when we had a good team at that time. We only lost twice at home that season.
I was at that one too and still sticks in the mind, and one of my 1st games.
I think it was that match my dad was robbed by. Some of those charming Scousers outside the ground.

Colin Bells injury
Luton relegation game
Tommy Hutchison own goal
Wigan cup final
Peps idiotic team selection in Porto

1974. 15 years old, City with their famous front five vs a stodgy, average Wolves side. First time I learned that the only thing absolutely guaranteed in football somewhere along the line is disappointment.

It's weird because it is all relative. In the 90s it is hard because it was all low and there was an expectation for it to get even lower! In recent times, QPRs second goal and Owen's goal in the 4-3 come to mind.

Think it might be the 0-1 loss at home to Bury in 1998 when it sunk in we were so fucking shite we were going to get relegated to division 3. Bleak as fuck.

The Champions League semi-finals vs Real Madrid. Every player other than Hart shit their pants and in 180mins Kev was the only player that could muster a shot on target. It was complete and utter shite.

Anytime the fans desert the team.

I can take a relegation, missing out in a title run-in, a Cup final defeat, losing a derby… but I lose all faith in life when I’ve seen the fans desert the team like when we went 0-2 down against Gillingham or when Crouch scored for Spurs in 2010. Proper sucks the life out of me that people are more interested in leaving than supporting until the very very bitter end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.