What has been your worst moment following our club?

Mine was when I heard Coppull had quit. Those around will remember that time when we were an utter shambles but I for one thought for a few weeks that this was the turning point. I actually went and had a few Pints at Dinner (which I never did at the time) whilst I took stock of things.

Sounds ridiculous in hindsight but it is what it is -for me at the time it was looking into the Abyss!!!

That period under Stuart Pearce where we decided not to score for a while was pretty rough.

Bit young to remember the 3rd tier stuff but do have vague recollections, mainly family thinking wtf are we doing here.

In recent years, the Wigan final or Pellegrinis final season weren't pretty but not bad in the grand scheme.

Mine was when I heard Coppull had quit. Those around will remember that time when we were an utter shambles but I for one thought for a few weeks that this was the turning point. I actually went and had a few Pints at Dinner (which I never did at the time) whilst I took stock of things.

Sounds ridiculous in hindsight but it is what it is -for me at the time it was looking into the Abyss!!!
Luton took some beating but sat there thinking that the rags had taken the league off us in those circumstances was harder. Even when Kun was played through from where I sat I could see David Silva in the background and shouted for Kun to leave it to Silva's left foot. It wasn't until the ball hit the back of the net that the cloud lifted and when I'd stopped celebrating I was 40 feet from my seat. What a feeling.

Last 20 mins of the QPR game in 2012, right up until the last minute and last years Champion League final were very tough. I think those are worse than any relegation which sounds silly but the sheer pain was terrible.

Sat in the away end at Oldham, losing one nil, and the guy on my left told me Danny Mills’s contract was FIVE fucking years

Strange one that Jimi. In 81 we were not expected to get past a very good Ipswich team in the semi but we did. Then onto to Wembley and it was 50/50 chance against spurs. We were the better team in the first game, and should of won. No idea what Tommy H was doing for their goal but we should of won in extra time anyway. For me we had missed our chance, and spurs would be a different proposition in the replay.
Wigan for me was worse. To find out on the day of a cup final that our manager who had transformed us into a trophy winning team was going to be sacked was shocking. It affected the team, and the fans. It was just what the Wigan team needed. However we still had a team more than capable of beating a wigan team struggling to survive in the Premier League. However the teams focus, and unity had been screwed. Even the team selection was flawed. I think the big guy who played in every round prior to the final would of saved the header that won the game.
As soon as the goal went in I stormed out of the ground to the tube station and headed to the Brae Louise. Unfortunately I forgot I was suppose to be meeting my mates in the Green Man.
On a lighter note I was one of the few City fans who didn't get soaked after the match.
On Tommy Hutch, I remember reading at the time that he said he overheard Hoddle telling Ardiles he was going to clip it to the near post. So Tommy broke the wall, and the rest we know…..

1 Hamburg
2 Semi final of league cup v utd when we went out
3 Mad one but City getting knocked out v Blackburn in FA cup, we wore yellow thought our name was on the cup and we played so shit. Remember some woman crying on the stands shouting at the players we were that shit
4 Sterling disallowed v spurs
5 Owen in 4-3 or Arteta goal vs arsenal when Mario was sent off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.