What has been your worst moment following our club?

The nadir of the Pearce era was my initial thought. But for me the 12-13 season culminating with Wigan was actually more dispiriting.

The horrendous CL campaign, getting dumped out 4th in the group. The rag menace seemingly recovered after being struck down the year before. Mancini clearly having lost control of the team. People like Zabba, Vinny, Silva even being unsettled. Didn't know the details of the dressing room chaos at the time but it came through in the on-field product.

Amazing that was the last time we finished behind the nonsense. Sure didn't feel at the time like a decade(+) run was coming.

That many I've forgotten most of them. For the totally bizarre though it has to be standing next to Thaksin Shinawatra having a piss in the toilets in the south stand in 2012. Utterly surreal and typical City.
Hehe I was next to him too, Bluemoon had him hemmed in.

It was fucking crazy tho with him having a price on his head in the real world that a) he couldn't get a posh seat and b) came in 117. I read ages ago that before buying us he watched us in the executive box at Liverpool and knew that little about football that he though the game was over after 45 mins rather than being halftime.

Seems he 'got us' by the end to be in there with us.

Bloody hell, where do you start, is there a text limit on this site!! Swales takeover, anything to do with Swales, Alison's return, '81 cup final & replay, Bond quitting, Benson (?!) Luton... the unerring ability of City to piss you off at a whim - Bournemouth '89, FA cup QF '93, the takeover (aka 'Backwards with Franny'!), sacking Horton, appointing Ball, Walsh swapped for Creaney (and cash??!!!), Liverpool '96, the whole of the seasons 96-97-98! Coppell, Neal, relegation to the 3rd, derby's against Macclesfield Town, York away... Gillingham 0-2 down with minutes to spare... Keagan's departure, most of the Pearce reign, 1-8 'boro, Sven's departure, news reports that we were completely broke and borrowing on the next years Sky income just to pay the wages.!!

Although there are a number of bad days and crappy moments I always think back to that fa cup game against Blackburn in the Pearce era. Was so excited before the game and after Arsenal had been knocked out I really thought we would at least make the semi which back then was a big occasion. What followed was such an inept performance and lacked any pride or fights. Pissed me off for weeks that game.

it feels a bit ridiculous saying this because we've had so many genuinely bad moments in comparison...

but..

when we pissed away that 2-0 lead to lose to united 3-2 in 2017/18 ( Pogba etc) I've never felt that bad, or for that long afterwards
Agree totally -as 75% of the Ground were pissed and celebrating winning the League at HT -against them -something that will in all probability never happen again.

Christ there's been a lot - watching Pleat doing his silly dance for Luton wasn't too hot. But possibly my favourite was watching Ricky Villa waltz his way through our defence at Wembley and seeing Spurs win the Fa Cup surrounded by a celebrating hoard of spurs fans as I could only get a ticket for their end at the last minute - something I have never mentally recovered
Yes, that Bury defeat was one where I got a couple of friends to attend their first City match. "is there a pitch invasion every match?". I'd also add the 2-0 defeat away to Blackburn under Pearce as well as the oft mentioend CL robbery at home to Tottenham.
A nice selection there -all utterly painful

Hehe I was next to him too, Bluemoon had him hemmed in.

It was fucking crazy tho with him having a price on his head in the real world that a) he couldn't get a posh seat and b) came in 117. I read ages ago that before buying us he watched us in the executive box at Liverpool and knew that little about football that he though the game was over after 45 mins rather than being halftime.

Seems he 'got us' by the end to be in there with us.
I saw him in the concourse long after the “Takeover” -seems to have “got” us!!

Luton and David Pleat.

Visited the match ball in 2000, now residing in the Adelaide suburbs.

Told the linesman, a good family friend, that he should have just stuck his flag up and flagged Antic offside!

Buchan taking The King out.

MVF (R.I.P.) taken too soon.
(Class player).

Luton sending us down.

F.A.Cup Final replay defeat vs Spuds.

European Cup defeat vs Spuds.

Fowler missed pen...

These are a few of the moments where I felt angry, frustrated and desperately saddened.

Reading some of the comments on the ‘Phil and Jack on the lash’ thread!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.