What has been your worst moment following our club?

4-3 in the CL against Spurs. To go from such a high to such a low in the space of 60 seconds was gut wrenching. Still can’t watch any highlights from that game to this day.

it feels a bit ridiculous saying this because we've had so many genuinely bad moments in comparison...

but..

when we pissed away that 2-0 lead to lose to united 3-2 in 2017/18 ( Pogba etc) I've never felt that bad, or for that long afterwards
Think Lakey might agree with this

Having to endure a Stuart Pearce team score about 18 goals a season - the way he set us up was not exactly entertainment.

Most disappointing was obviously last years UCL - I was stunned we lost that, genuinely thought we would finally win our first European Crown.

But worst feeling for me was the FA Cup final - remember my stomach feeling like it was dropping out after Ben Watson scored at the end. Worst thing was I was in high school at the time, so got ridiculed for weeks after by the dirty Rags.

Most disappointing was obviously last years UCL - I was stunned we lost that, genuinely thought we would finally win our first European Crown.

But worst feeling for me was the FA Cup final - remember my stomach feeling like it was dropping out after Ben Watson scored at the end. Worst thing was I was in high school at the time, so got ridiculed for weeks after by the dirty Rags.
The way that cup final is remembered in the media you wouldn't believe Wigan were premier League at the time. Ok it was an upset but not like Leeds v Sunderland or Rags v Southampton.

Christ there's been a lot - watching Pleat doing his silly dance for Luton wasn't too hot. But possibly my favourite was watching Ricky Villa waltz his way through our defence at Wembley and seeing Spurs win the Fa Cup surrounded by a celebrating hoard of spurs fans as I could only get a ticket for their end at the last minute - something I have never mentally recovered from!

4-3 v the rags. Absolute blatant cheating by the officials to play until they created a chance.

I never get that argument. If we had scored would it still have been blatant cheating in our favour. Both sides are allowed to score in injury time.

Losing at home to Bury, I think 1-0, and walking back to Belle Vue from the ground in the pouring rain was pretty miserable.

A lot have been mentioned but getting beat in the carabao cup semi final in 2011 at Old Trafford was horrible and being locked in to listen to their shite music afterwards was pretty horrific. It felt like things would never change..

Losing to Spurs in the Fa Cup Quarter final 94 was another. For a generation of fans it was our first real sniff of possibly winning a trophy, and typically we self-destructed.

1981 Spurs fa cup final replay. Only time city have reduced me to tears....I was 8 though to be fair. Have disliked spurs ever since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.