What have you personally won?

I used to be a 'comper' but don't enter many these days as there's just too many people entering and the odds of winning has increased. I was never as successful of some who enter comps on an industrial scale but have done OK.

I've won a holiday to New York, about £3,000 total in cash, tickets and travel to watch England a couple of times, 12 months supply of Hollands pies, same with wine and loads of minor prizes - electrical items, cameras, shop vouchers, CDs, DVDs, t-shirts etc. Best thing I won, in 2001, was £500 of book tokens every year for life - I collect them every January and still do. Last thing I won was a two match tickets and a City shirt signed by Pep run by Gore Tex.

Most of my wins have been luck of the draw, but you can win big if you are creative and you can come up with slogans etc. A mate of mine is very good at rhymes and witty lines and has won loads of comps on facebook, twitter and instagram.

If you fancy dipping your toe in the comping water, have a look at Money Saving Expert comping forums http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72 and remember....you've got to be in it, to win it! Oh, and top tip...set up a new email address just for comps as you'll have to sign up for lots of emails (which in turn have more comps in them!)

Absolutely annihilated my 10 year old in an arm wrestling competition.

Desperate Dan tshirt for a joke I sent to The Dandy.

£150 on City v Bayern score- 3-2

I won a Gameboy as a kid for a colouring in contest in the local paper where my Grandad lived. It was fucking amazing.

Won a car in a raffle. It was the same week we lost a large customer and I didn't know how I was going to make payroll to pay my employees. I'd already used all my savings. Sold the car. covered the payroll and I gave $1000 to charity. Next week, signed a big customer and was never in trouble again.

What sort of competition did you enter eh??
More to the point why enter a compy with that as a prize?

Apart from the usual football cards etc Once won enough cash for a car on a day long accumulator, not a new one.

Best thing I've won though was a compy on another fans forum of a flight to Abu Dhabi to watch us over there in the friendly in 2009? Had to estimate the total number of shirt numbers of goal scorers added together for a series of City games.

As well as going to the match over there chatted with Zaba/Ned/Cook and blanked Hughes at the free silver service BBQ which was put on by the club.

Last edited:
I came 2nd in a Steve McQueen look a like contest

A black fella won

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reminds me of a story I heard Barry Gibb tell years ago. The Bee Gees were in London after a show and saw an advert in a kebab house for a Bee Gees lookalike competition. The other two persuaded Robin to enter the comp and he came third!

I won Southern Pacific Review's annual fiction prize a couple of years ago. Small cash prize but looks good on an amateur writer's CV.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.