What if we just went with Delap, Jesus, and Torres?

The price of every striker in the world probably quadrupled when City shat out of the Ronaldo deal today.
Calvert-Lewin would probably cost more than Haaland if we knocked on Everton's door this week.
Club chairmen must be pissing themselves at this shambles.
No, the price went up when we got rid of Aguero. That's why Kane failed, after all. The Ronaldo flirtation was a sideshow.

Reality is we need to either take a punt on a cheaper target and hope we get lucky like we did with Diaz, or find a world class target with a release clause (no, me neither...), totally change our transfer strategy by spunking some ridiculous sum on someone (not going to happen if we didn't do it for Kane), or make do with what we've got.

So it'll be 1 or 4. But I think it'll be 4, because I reckon the club will consider the risks of getting in someone who might not be good enough on a 4-5 year contract, tying up wages, costing money, taking up a squad place, is greater than the risk of entering the season without a recogised striker.

think when your top goalscorer is gundo it says to me we need a striker or target man. Bit late now i reckon. Delap is only young, we cannot depend on him to bag us 20 or so. Torres, still have my doubts and jesus looks better out wide.

Delap was linked with Championship clubs for a reason for his loan move, ridiculous to put our hopes there. He will probably have a role similar to Brahim Diaz before he moved, get some starts in Carabao and be a 2nd half sub during league games when we are 3 or more goals ahead.
Pep isn't the kind of manager to weaken the team at the expense of developing a player, he will alawys play whoever gives the best chance to win and that's why he is so successful everywhere.

We didn’t replace Kompany when he left and we have not replaced Sergio - going into this season with rags and rent boys significantly strengthened and pool with van dyke back puts us 3rd or 4th at best - absolute dog shit from city

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.