What if we struggle next season?

i'm not happy with how this season has evolved, the so-called aura that is Pep Guardiola has left me wondering was it hype from people that know nothing about football.

But i'll make an excuse that its not his squad. from those he's those he's brought in so far, 1 has been great, 2 have long term injuries, 1 is struggling in a struggling defence and 1 is Claudio Bravo. So given the summer to bring his 'his' type of players and those that arent will go, if its the same this time next season with a team of 'his' players and 'his' playing style, then yeah, he doesnt deserve to here because he hasnt improved us.

emphasis on 'his' team and 'his' style ... cos i dont find him doing his job for City or the fans, just for himself. He hasn't adhered himself to me, so far, as a part of our great club like other managers we've had have done or tried to do.

I'll ask him to give you a call, maybe you'll feel better then. FFS 'aura that is Pep' what a load of bollocks.

First season with half a squad he doesn't want but had to keep as he's already changed too many because he inherited a squad not fit for purpose as the 2 previous seasons proved.
He's had to play 12 more games than Conte, Klopp, been decimated by injuries to KEY personnel (Jesus, Kompany, Gundogan), which have forced other players playing more games when ideally they could be rested, a back 4 that has the worse fullbacks in the top 7/8 clubs, a keeper who for all his ability has struggled with confidence.
The way he's got the front 3/4 playing alone has been exciting enough for me, we're seeing one the best forwards in the game spring to life in front of our eyes!!
This time next season with a couple of new additions at the back and probably another holding midfielder we'll have this discussion again. Quite a few on here will be eating humble pie.

I'll ask him to give you a call, maybe you'll feel better then. FFS 'aura that is Pep' what a load of bollocks.

First season with half a squad he doesn't want but had to keep as he's already changed too many because he inherited a squad not fit for purpose as the 2 previous seasons proved.
He's had to play 12 more games than Conte, Klopp, been decimated by injuries to KEY personnel (Jesus, Kompany, Gundogan), which have forced other players playing more games when ideally they could be rested, a back 4 that has the worse fullbacks in the top 7/8 clubs, a keeper who for all his ability has struggled with confidence.
The way he's got the front 3/4 playing alone has been exciting enough for me, we're seeing one the best forwards in the game spring to life in front of our eyes!!
This time next season with a couple of new additions at the back and probably another holding midfielder we'll have this discussion again. Quite a few on here will be eating humble pie.

I wish you would admit you are as frustrated with what has happened,like everyone is at present.

I applaud your defence stature but let's be realistic at the same time

I can't wait for next season, the right signings will be made and we will tear it up....if the refs don't stop us

I wish you would admit you are as frustrated with what has happened,like everyone is at present.

I applaud your defence stature but let's be realistic at the same time

I am frustrated, i'm fucking fuming that we've had to see Clichy, Sagna and Kolarov play any games at all, i give Zab leeway as he's coming to the end of his career and has been a legend, i still rather he retired or left though as it's been painful to watch him struggle at times. I'm pissed off watching the centre halves make calamitous mistakes which cost us goals and points, the less said about Bravo the better.

However,

I'm excited by the future, i'm excited watching Sane, Sterling Jesus and Aguero. Whilst i've been critical regarding KDB's current form i'm excited about the potential he and the rest of the front 5/6 have. If i'm in a minority so be it.
I can see what is developing in front of my eyes and can't wait for the next few seasons. I'm watching Stones become one of the best CH's in the country, a future City and England captain. Once he has a better partner..............

I didn't expect us to win the title this season and said so from the off, Chelsea were always my favourites due to no CL football, saying all of that we'd be a damn site closer if our games had been refereed anywhere like theirs but that's an argument for another thread.

I'm loving the, "how can you say it's been a bad season, it's just been disappointing" arguments a few pages back. Can I just add that I don't think we have underachieved with this group of players, I just think we should have done better.

Next season is next season, we won't know how 'bad' or good this season will be yet. If we finish 3rd and win the Cup, I'd say that's a good season wouldn't you?

I am frustrated, i'm fucking fuming that we've had to see Clichy, Sagna and Kolarov play any games at all, i give Zab leeway as he's coming to the end of his career and has been a legend, i still rather he retired or left though as it's been painful to watch him struggle at times. I'm pissed off watching the centre halves make calamitous mistakes which cost us goals and points, the less said about Bravo the better.

However,

I'm excited by the future, i'm excited watching Sane, Sterling Jesus and Aguero. Whilst i've been critical regarding KDB's current form i'm excited about the potential he and the rest of the front 5/6 have. If i'm in a minority so be it.
I can see what is developing in front of my eyes and can't wait for the next few seasons. I'm watching Stones become one of the best CH's in the country, a future City and England captain. Once he has a better partner..............

I didn't expect us to win the title this season and said so from the off, Chelsea were always my favourites due to no CL football, saying all of that we'd be a damn site closer if our games had been refereed anywhere like theirs but that's an argument for another thread.

Fair play to you.

Like I have said many times before,I have always maintained the fact in not to get too carried away with anything associated with us,but let me be honest here.

I like loads of others rocked up on that Sunday afternoon last summer at the Academy,to watch the events and unveiling of our new coach /manager,and as excited as I was,there was something inside of me that couldn't get too carried away with all the furore that was happening around me.

I'm not one for looking back,but as we stood there waiting,news broke through that Jimmy Frizzell had passed away,which obviously makes you think back to the past,and I immediately pushed my thoughts as a comparison to a person dying,and another being born.

It was ironic that our new manager was then presented to us,albeit staged arriving in the back of a black cab,but it was fun,so I went along with it,but you know somert,even after Noel Gallagher had done his starry eyed interview with Pep,a horrible thought of do you know what you have let yourself in for here pal,this is the biggest poison chaliced job in world football !!!

We back our team,whoever we have with us,managers and players,this is what makes us as special as we are,but to say I'm gobsmacked as to how this season has panned out,considering the start we had,well like I say,gobsmacked.

He had all the summer to realise we had ageing defenders,but it is more personal than this,as he chose to get rid of Hart,and bring in a useless mon who couldn't catch a cold,and with what has happened with Kompany these last few months is nothing short of madness,but as we draw towards the end of the season,we all have to pray that we remain in a top 4 spot.

Building for the future is all well and good,but others will also buy to improve,and not just youngsters

I do take the point we have been fucked over big time with referee decisions this season,and as for injuries,well,all teams suffer that fate during a season,but I am genuinely concerned as to where we will finish this season,which will have a major impact on our potential transfers this summer

Fair play to you.

Like I have said many times before,I have always maintained the fact in not to get too carried away with anything associated with us,but let me be honest here.

I like loads of others rocked up on that Sunday afternoon last summer at the Academy,to watch the events and unveiling of our new coach /manager,and as excited as I was,there was something inside of me that couldn't get too carried away with all the furore that was happening around me.

I'm not one for looking back,but as we stood there waiting,news broke through that Jimmy Frizzell had passed away,which obviously makes you think back to the past,and I immediately pushed my thoughts as a comparison to a person dying,and another being born.

It was ironic that our new manager was then presented to us,albeit staged arriving in the back of a black cab,but it was fun,so I went along with it,but you know somert,even after Noel Gallagher had done his starry eyed interview with Pep,a horrible thought of do you know what you have let yourself in for here pal,this is the biggest poison chaliced job in world football !!!

We back our team,whoever we have with us,managers and players,this is what makes us as special as we are,but to say I'm gobsmacked as to how this season has panned out,considering the start we had,well like I say,gobsmacked.

He had all the summer to realise we had ageing defenders,but it is more personal than this,as he chose to get rid of Hart,and bring in a useless mon who couldn't catch a cold,and with what has happened with Kompany these last few months is nothing short of madness,but as we draw towards the end of the season,we all have to pray that we remain in a top 4 spot.

Maybe he thought that he can't bring in too many new faces, he had ageing defenders who refused to leave and decided that he look at the forward line this year and the defence next. He can't force those players who wished to see their lucrative contracts out through the door so has decided to let them stay but bolster the forwards. Nasri, Bony all went and we're replaced by Sane and Jesus, if we hadn't got them last summer we wouldn't ever have got them as they'd have been snapped up. He'll replace the back 4 this season and then it'll be really his team.
As for Hart, i can see why he got rid, been having the argument regarding his distribution and saves to his left for a couple of seasons with match going mates, some agree some don't. However no one could have foreseen how Bravo would turn from a top 5 keeper in the world to a nervous wreck every time he played, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
As for Kompany, we all want him to start every game but it's been fairly obvious to me that Pep just isn't sure he'll last, i was at Swansea in the cup this year, watching him walk off in the 92nd minute after we'd used all our subs was heat breaking for him and then again to witness it at Old Trafford in the next round at half time, but it will have also made Pep even less confident in his ability to say injury free, no doubt in my mind this is the reason we have waited until he's 100%.

Building for the future is all well and good,but others will also buy to improve,and not just youngsters

Of course all will improve their squads but so will we and the fruits of this season will blossom next as the players are more used to Pep's methods with better quality defenders to compliment it further.

I do take the point we have been fucked over big time with referee decisions this season,and as for injuries,well,all teams suffer that fate during a season,but I am genuinely concerned as to where we will finish this season,which will have a major impact on our potential transfers this summer

We'll be 3rd, i would expect us to win at least 6 of our remaining 8 games, probably all 8 in my opinion.

Pep will be given all the time he needs and once he gets his squad he'll make it work I'm sure of it.
What if we get relegated. What if we win the treble. Silliness. Better to look at how City are progressing and the state of our rivals than play out what if scenarios. How likely is a particular scenario is a better question.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.