What if we struggle next season?

Disagree after the outstanding start we had we messed up, heads dropped and we went into easy street mode again. 14 points behind the leaders with a month to go given our players and summer investment, pathetic. And how has Conte managed to be so much better than our so called worlds best manager?

As I said, papering over the cracks. With our squad it was hardly surprising that heads went down. It happened last season too. I maintain that Conte had a ready made advantage over Pep with regard to squad & number of fixtures. Nevertheless he's done a very good job down there. He clearly knows what he's doing.

There will be a positive if our season is just as bad , (champs league football and another visit to wembley what a disaster) maybe the tossers who post all the negative shite in the matchday and post match forums will f*ck off and take their glory hunting , plastic , remote control holding mates with them and leave our club to genuine supporters who do not think football was invented in 2012.

You are clearly deluded, What an utter crock of crap. Just because we were once shite does not mean that we should always remain so. Football fans want the best they can reasonably expect from the club they support. When we had Swales/ franny lee and got dumped into division two we were all pissed off because we knew the club was mismanaging its resources.

When we had bernstein and royal and clawed our way back from the brink, we loved it because we achieved what we should have done and the players became cult heroes.

When we got a bit more dosh and keegan took over we played great football and we all relished every game.

When Pearce took the reigns we were skint again and we put up with what we got.

Now we have more resources than any club in world football and supposedly the best manager, it stands to reason that we are not satisfied with finishing fourth and playing in the champions league.

Just except that this season and the last one have been poor and hopefully we can begin to fulfil our potential next season.

i'm not happy with how this season has evolved, the so-called aura that is Pep Guardiola has left me wondering was it hype from people that know nothing about football.

But i'll make an excuse that its not his squad. from those he's those he's brought in so far, 1 has been great, 2 have long term injuries, 1 is struggling in a struggling defence and 1 is Claudio Bravo. So given the summer to bring his 'his' type of players and those that arent will go, if its the same this time next season with a team of 'his' players and 'his' playing style, then yeah, he doesnt deserve to here because he hasnt improved us.

emphasis on 'his' team and 'his' style ... cos i dont find him doing his job for City or the fans, just for himself. He hasn't adhered himself to me, so far, as a part of our great club like other managers we've had have done or tried to do.

Agreed.

As I said, papering over the cracks. With our squad it was hardly surprising that heads went down. It happened last season too. I maintain that Conte had a ready made advantage over Pep with regard to squad & number of fixtures. Nevertheless he's done a very good job down there. He clearly knows what he's doing.

Yes and Hoddle last night (I try not to pay attention to him) but he made a valid point, at times you wonder whether we actually practice defending.
Or is it that Pep thinks fuck it - it's attack and screw the rest. If it is in essence the question is can that work in the English premier league?

Yes and Hoddle last night (I try not to pay attention to him) but he made a valid point, at times you wonder whether we actually practice defending.
Or is it that Pep thinks fuck it - it's attack and screw the rest. If it is in essence the question is can that work in the English premier league?

I agree that we need to defend much much better. Monaco away was a classic example of how to throw away a 2 goal aggregate lead. Control the game for the first half hour & we would have been home & dry. Instead we blew it. That's not the question though - it could have been a better season but I wouldn't describe it as a bad one. No way. Just my opinion.

A good & fair assessment , I mostly agree.

yeah, the last paragraph was my own personal dig as i like managers to be on the touchline representing the club, wear a scarf, a club coat, a training top or a club blazer. he just looks like a bloke who has popped out for a bottle of milk and stopped to watch the local team before he heads home.

Picky i know, dont think he did it at Bayern either, just gives the impression that he's not in it like we are. To me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.