What if we win 'nowt?

Would be hugely surprised and disappointed if we won nowt.

Even if the worst happened, the football has been of such high quality that everyone would be really optimistic about next year. Off-field stuff has been positive too: no silly controversies combined with enhanced European/global visibility.

For these reasons it could be said that we are on upward trajectory from last season. I believe the hierarchy plus most Blues would stand by Pellers.

munster said:
This shouldn't be construed as a 'down and out' thread post Chelski. It's been on my mind for a while.

We could conceivably:

- slip up against the Mackems at Wembley
- bomb out the FA Cup
- go down valiantly against Barca
- come 2nd in the league.

My view is that, assuming our performances overall carry on as before and the 'upward trajectory' (to coin a Cook-ism) is there to see, the board would back Pellers 100%.

Any dissenters?

(My gut feeling in actual fact is that we will bag two pots this year)
The worst case scenario is that it could be the same as 35 of the last 37 years, I'm sure we'll manage. (I'm not counting championship (league one) titles, runners up finishes, winning play offs or community shields obviously.)

Pellegrini starts to come under pressure.

Football been great but it means jack if we win nothing.

I am confident we will win the CO cup at the very least.

We are one game away against a side who whilst they have a good record against us at their place, will be huge underdogs.

It shouldn't be Wigan Mark 2

I'm in agreement with cleavers . . . What a prospect ending the season empty handed . . . The very thought of it ha ha ....think we are capable of two prizes whichever two it may be but think we should learn from the Chelsea game and set up to make sure we get something from the games with our rivals for the prem if we do that I think we are well in the hunt for the prem given our home form against the rest of the field . . . And see what happens with everything else

As I told a stranger when the season started and we lost a few away games: "I don't expect us to win anything this year, but we could very well win a treble next year." My reasoning was that it will take a year before we the new managers style has can be fully implemented (similar to Maureen's pony statement, but less douchebag I hope).

Expectations changed once we started running away with games and looking like the best side in the league. Now multiple trophies are expected. Pellegrini was charged with 5 trophies in 5 years - averaged to 1 trophy / year. Given we look like the best team in the league, and the club's ambitions, my money he is sacked after two seasons without silverware. Maybe it is time to reduce those expectations to take into account the injuries of three influential players for several weeks all during the same period. One trophy should be the expectation for this season, and we are in good position to achieve that goal. At least that's what I am telling myself after Monday.

If we dont win anything from this position then the season won't count for much that's for sure. Having said that I'm extremely confident of us netting at least two of the four on offer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.